View Poll Results: Have you put your Christmas tree up yet?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

12 14.63%
  • No.

67 81.71%
  • I don't believe in Christmas.

0 0%
  • Other - there is always an other, even at Christmas

3 3.66%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, not until December.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bellalika For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ours goes up on the 1st of december but me and DD have been excitedly making decoration for the tree!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 20 month old (who really should be in bed) just put his special pillow under the tree...he thinks he's going to sleep under there with the presents hahaha!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

SimplyMum  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    My 20 month old (who really should be in bed) just put his special pillow under the tree...he thinks he's going to sleep under there with the presents hahaha!
    Gosh last year was hell with DD and the tree, I thinks this year will be just as bad poor tree.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    aww cute that would make the best photo for future years!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kmetius For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (10-11-2011)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ummm YES. duh! The little one in my bedroom, since I moved out of home this year and don't have a big one.

But I want to put mum and dad's up and I just sent mum a text asking if we could put it up on tuesday night and got a reply saying "are you effing serious?!" so I'm thinking that's a no.

I am a christmas madwoman. I make it last as long as I can. Mum on the other hand, can't stand the season. GRINCH.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nah, not til December 1st. Actually have to buy a new tree this year. I want to get one with lights already in it (the tangling light thing always drove me mad!). Anyone know of a good place to buy Xmas trees? I've looked in Big W and Kmart but none really grab me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lent mine to a friend back in August because he was filming a short movie, and I'm yet to receive it back, but generally, due to lack of space, ours goes up a few days before Xmas, and seeing as it is a fibre optic tree we don't even really decorate it.

DD is old enough to know whats going on this year though, so she might want to add more Christmas Spirit into our lives, lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to naebie For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkie View Post
    Ummm YES. duh!
    Did you vote yes??

YAY!!! I love Christmas too!! What is your little tree like??? I had a small tree when I lived at home - I bought it when I was 14 and always put it up in my room (with lights and everything!!) until I moved out. I always put it up in November and my parents never let me put up the big tree until December...total traditionalists.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mum is absolutely mad about Christmas .... and by mad I mean bonkers, obsessed.

You Christmas loving ladies would love our house in December. Mum (and me, usually, my dad and brother don't get it) spend about 6 hours putting the tree up and putting all the Christmas collectables out. She has 4 large storage boxes of Santas, angels, etc. She even has a nutcracker and a china Santa she bought in one of those huge Christmas stores in Germany and gently bought home on the plane.
    She changes all the table cloths and tea towels to Christmas ones, all the nick-nacks on the mantle piece and entertainment unit go away and everything is Christmas. Even her patchwork wall-hangings get taken down and she puts up the Christmas ones she's made. I'm not complaining, I'm 25 and my brother is 21, we have a advent calendar wall hanging with little santa-sacks on it which she puts celebrations chocolates in it.

It's pretty much all high end stuff too or hand-made, she loathes tinsel and the like. Our house pretty much looks like a Christmas store for all of December
    I have some photos from last year on mum's computer, I'll have to share them tomorrow.
    But we always wait until December 1, one month of it is enough for my dad. If we did it any earlier I don't think it would be as special. One magical month per year
    Last edited by Berrie; 10-11-2011 at 20:23.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Berrie For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (10-11-2011),TinyLittleTootsies  (11-11-2011)