User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 1 year old with white spots on teeth?

Hi all

Ive just noticed my DD's two top front teeth which have only just started coming through already have a white spot on each tooth? They have only popped through a few weeks ago? Apparently from what ive researched its from too much fluoride. Im only brushing her teeth with water as my GP told me not to use toothpaste till around 18 months when she can spit it out and that water and a brush is fine to use till then.

Obviously there is fluoride in our water here so what am i meant to give her to drink? Im confused? What can i do about the fluoride in our water?

Anyone else had this problem? Thanks.....

BTW im taking her to the dentist next week....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random question...did you have anti-biotics while you were pregnant with her? It's my understanding this can cause spots on teeth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its the lack of enamel on his teeth and yes antibiotics can cause this ,just put a small amount of childrens toothpaste on his teeth at night at bedtime and also use a soft damp washcloth to clean those teeth , my dd has the same thing
    ME - 28 HIM - 28
    Emma Chelsea - 4 yrs
    4 going on 14
    Sebastian Isaac - 5 months
    My little premmie guy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope no antibiotics while pregnant.....i was told not to use childrens toothpaste till they can spit it out? Oh and she lets me brush her teeth shes quite good with that. Thanks for your responses

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump....anyone else??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My DD has exactly the same on her top front two teeth at 14 mths (she is a late bloomer with teeth, only has 4 so far). Really not sure what causes this, as I too brush her teeth every day without toothpaste. I'm not much help but it's interesting to read your little one has this too. If you get a chance let us know what the dentist says

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are lots of things that can cause white spots on teeth (including early decay). Some of these cause increase the risk of decay, and others are just a purely cosmetic problem. Go to the dentist because they will be able to assess the quality of the enamel and then tell you what you should do.

Decay on children often starts on their front teeth along the tooth surface near the gum.line. It appears white and chalky to start with and progresses from there if nothing is done about it. Make sure you're watching bubs diet and frequency of eating and also what goes in the bottle (and bottle at night is recommended to be stopped when teeth come through 12months-ish)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same thing. Mottled teeth. I have had them fixed with enamel whitening and veneers. Your child's are on their baby teeth so try not to stress they won't be there for long. If the adult teeth have mottling there are solutions. I was told it was from the child using antibiotics. Anyway who cares about that it's totally normal. Have you spoken to your dentist?
    Me 38 DH 40
    DD 3 years old
    DS Due June '12
    2 Dogs, 1 cat.

Success is the Best Revenge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No havent spoken to our dentist yet, will next week.

She isnt on bottles anymore, she stopped using them before she turned 1

Her diet is fantastic, no sweets etc, she eats very healthy and only drinks water (no juice)

She hasnt had any antibiotics

What do u mean by frequency of eating Rachie 81? Thanks. (she only has 3 meals a day and sometimes a healthy snack once a day