+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nose job?

Has anybody has a nose job or known somebody who has had a nose job? Can you tell me a bit about you/their experience please?
    I'm considering having one done and I'm so scared!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mum had one and have had loads of friends that had it done. However it was about 15 years ago. My mum has never looked back. She did have extensive bruising. So bad I fainted at the hospital.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefully2 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you know if it was super painful or if she bled a lot after the surgery?

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hey there - I found my old response to your other thread and will repost:
    Hey there, my sister had a nose job about 5yrs ago.

Was it painful/uncomfortable? - she said it was the worst pain she has experienced in her whole life.

How long did the pain last? - the worst of the pain lasted about 5 days post op, i think it took a good month or so to feel back to normal.

Were you scared/nervous? - she was not nervcous or scared before the procedure and was not expecting it be as painful as it was.

Was it worth it? - she said she is not sure - she is super glad she did it, but had she known beforehand the pain and suffering following it she doesn't know if she would have willingly done it.

What risks did your surgeon mention? - not sure about this one?

How long did it take for you to recover? - like a said the first week was really bad, then after that it took a couple more weeks to get back to 'normall'.

My sister has ALWAYS hated her nose and wanted for as long as I could remember to get a nose job. She wore glasses and then when she got laser eye surgury she felt her nose stood out even more because she no longer wore glasses.

So she decided to get her nose done (and they also injected something into her chin to make it more balanced?). The procedure went fine - pretty sure its a day op. She then came home the same day.

The bruising is pretty full on - her face was swollen and she had two big black eyes. She was on pain meds but was just really sore and cried alot. She said the worst thing was that they put corking/padding up her nose to hold the shape of it. It made her feel like she couldn't breath. OF course she could breath fine through her mouth, but the sensation of the padding up her nose, plus the bandages made her feel very uncomfortable. Because of this she coudln't sleep, which made her tired and anxious.

We all freaked out when we saw her, we were not expecting the bruising to be so bad and seh looked like she was in so much pain.

Because of all these factors my sister felt like a freak and was sore and exhausted. I took a week off work and hang out with her watching videos. From memory she couldn't really eat much either - whether it was strict doctors advice or she just felt wierd cos she couldn't breath im not sure???

FINALLY on the 4th or 5th day I took her back to the surgeons to get the padding taken out. She said it hurt like hell to have it removed but that she felt sooooooooooooooo much better once it was taken out. She still looked frightening - the brusing seemed to get worse not better but the swelling had gone down a little.

As we were leaving the surgery a man walking past said 'geez imagine having to wake up next that monster everymorning'. my sister burst into tears and i went nuts and chased him down the sheet like a looney toon. I think we were just both exhausted by the whole ordeal.

That was about 5yrs I think - NOW she loves loves loves her new nose, but she doesn't know if she would have done it given her time over because of the first 5 days of pain and suffering.

I think she was unprepared and thats what made it hard. If you can get through the first few days and know it gets better maybe its easier?

Medically, it went well and safe.

Good luck with your decision!!

As for the bleeding - I don't remember there being heaps - but she had all those plugs up her nose which stopt blood coming out. I do remember her saying she could taste a bit of blood in her throat that she was swollowing - but I don't remember vast amounts of blood.

Have you come any closer to making a decision?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

annesmith  (23-01-2013),SugarSkull  (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh yes! I remember your reply = ) I've got an appointment in December so as you can imagine, I'm super excited but super nervous at the same time. It'd be nice to hear about other peoples experiences .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (10-11-2011)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My mum had one when I was in high school. I remember I bawled my eyes out when I saw her afterwards. She was in her bed, bruised to all hell and just looked like she was in soo much pain. She said she didnt want me to see her all bruised up, but I wanted to see her. She said it looked worse than it felt but it was painful, obviously. I couldnt stop crying....BUT she said it was all worth it in the end and loves her nose now compared to how it was before. No pain no gain I suppose.
    Best of luck with your op and recovery

10. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (10-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you London... You're right... No pain, no gain. If I get it done, I know I'll be a much happier person... More confident I should say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had work done on my nose (not for the look but for the function) so I don't know how simular they are but I couldn't eat much for ages as it just hurt to move my face. I was in bed for about a week after.My nose bleed heaps as well and I sneezed alot and that really hurt. I also had to have the scabbing removed from rhe inside of my nose a week out and it was one of the most horrible things in my life! But I can now breath so totally worth it!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ergh = /
    I keep hearing that it's really painful when they remove the stuff from your nose or remove scabs...
    Thank you ladies = ) I'm going to go ahead with it so wish me luck.. Freaking out!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (11-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump... Anyone else?