+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Go to the national notifiable diseases surveillance system , australian government website, it lists all the diseases per state, every year by age and sex and also go to the World Health Organisation site, it has the preventable disease monitoring system for every country which tells you how many cases of each disease they have and the percentage of the vaxxed population , I can't link for you sorry as on my phone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We selectively delayed the Heb B vaccination because it is a blood transmitted disease, and while the other viruses on the schedule are easily transmitted within the community, Heb B is not. The only reason it is given to newborns is because the govt is worried they won't be able to catch enough of the population for immunisation if they don't make it part of the newborn schedule. I just can't see the need to inject my child with an unnecessary vaccine. Having said that, we will begin hep b immunization with my 3 year old next when he starts preschool, as we live in the inner city and I won't be there to supervise his play, and the chance of him picking up a dirty needle is not impossible in that scenario.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/graphs/

http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.c...r-of vaccines/

Very interesting research into why vaccines may not be all that effective and that there may very well be a link to autism!

And I am sure they are reasons why some choose not to vax.

EDIT: JOHNC's comment below... REALLY!? If you ACTUALLY looked at the links you would notice that it is FULL of STATISTICAL DATA and NO conspiracy theory.

And really, you wouldn't think it's anti vax would you!? What other website would you expect to show evidence AGAINST vaxxing? Pro vax? I don't think so! They aren't funded to research in that way!

So please, actually review the data & do not just sit there and make excuses to hide behind your ignorance
    Last edited by born2bmuma; 28-12-2011 at 09:56. Reason: response to below poster

4. The Following User Says Thank You to born2bmuma For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bmuma View Post
    Very interesting research into why vaccines may not be all that effective and that there may very well be a link to autism!
    This "research" comes from a notorious anti-vax campaign site.

Surely the question for parents is whether their child has any existing precondition -- genetic, congenital or acquired -- that would suggest a higher risk of some adverse reaction (autoimmune disease comes to mind). This seems to me a perfectly valid basis on which to opt for selective vaccination in consultation with one's doctor.

Soaking up the rantings of web-based conspiracy theorists pushing the bizarre notion that health authorities are in league with Big Pharma to poison the world's children is a damaging distraction from the sensible decisions all parents need to make about the health of their children and the community in which they live.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnC For This Useful Post:

HazTechDad  (24-12-2011)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Because my intuition tells me not too.

BB, once again, I love your post and totally agree

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (24-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Interesting the thread title is Anti vaxxers but you want to hear from selective or delayers. Nethertheless I am sure there is far more of the latter.
    We have been delaying for almost 8 years. My son had a reaction so I have been researching ever since. I still don't feel comfortable with vaacines so my younger sons haven't vaxced.
    Excuse typos, BH is laggy for m.
    I had a feeling i shouldn't have got my son's needles done that day, I went against my instinct and we paid for that mistake. I STILL vfeel guilt/.
    I will trust my instincts. SO very often people have called me stupid for not vaxxing, negating what we went through, told us we are stupd etc. I see no argument for vaxxing in those words. My children are important to me and I will do what I think is right for them that is my responsibility.