+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Where can I order the immunization handbook? I find it scary that I am
    A nursing student and have never heard of it?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaDoLittle View Post
    Where can I order the immunization handbook? I find it scary that I am
    A nursing student and have never heard of it?!

http://immunise.health.gov.au/intern.../Handbook-home

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've always been a 'non-vaxxer' but recently here in NZ in the area I live there has been quite a major outbreak of Meningococcal C which has resulted in hospitalisations and deaths, so I actually opted to have my kids vaccinated.

So that really is how I work, I weigh up the actual risks for our family with each disease, and then will vax or not, based on our own circumstances.

So tetanus - I decided I would not get that one, as wound care is very important for that one, tetanus can only live in an anerobic environment, so if the wound is cleaned and aired properly then it minimises the liklihood of tetanus.

If the wound is such that it is unable to be cleaned, then we would cross that bridge when we got to it, with the help of our GP.

Chicken pox - not one I would vax for, I definitely prefer natural immunity.

Not keen on the MMR being a combo vax, but not overly worried about it anyway.

Whooping cough was a worry, but after thefirst 6 months of my kids lives I relaxed a fair bit, as they are far less likely to get life threatening cases after that.

I believe very strongly in the natural development of the immune system as far as possible, and add full term breastfeeding to that development.

Can't really think of all ofthe rest, but at the time, they were not deemed relevant to our family, but if say we'd been going overseas into a high risk area, then weighing up the risks probably would have been a different senario.

But while we were in Oz, in low risk area for 99% of the diseases, then I deemed those unnecessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I vaccinated my firstborn til he was 12months. I never thought they were bad, and trusted drs. Then my son had a reaction to his 12month shots. He got a bad fever, and over the course of several days he changed. His eating completwly changed, his sleeping patterns changed, his personality changed, and he lost all words he had learnt to say. It wasnt til after this happened me and my DP researched vaccines(mainly DP, and very thoroughly), and we decided it was best he not get anymore shots, nor our little girl when we fell pregnant. Now Im not going and saying vaccines cause autism. There are trace amounts of thimerisol in vaccines(50% of that tiny amount in mercury, still not safe IMO), most babies/children can easily dispell it out of there body, but there are those few that retain it and hence have neurological disorders. These are just my personal beliefs. And I believe that the build up of small trace amounts of thimerisol from every vaccine caused him to react badly. This is why I am now anti-vax. My son is now 3 and has just got an ASD diagnoses. I believe there are other natural ways to get immunity. Sorry to ramble on. I want to make one thing clear, Im not anti immunization, I just believe there are safer ways to make vaccines more safe.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm really sorry to hear what you have been through with your son, I have a friend who had almost exactly the same thing happen with her son. It is quite scary to think vaccines can have these effects at times...

I actually don't think any heavy metals are dispelled from our bodies, I think what happens is chealation, and they (sounds ridiculous) sink to our feet, so literallywe can end up with a 'lead foot'

But I also believe thimerisol is not used any more? Correct me anyone who knows more...
    Last edited by MilkingMaid; 25-11-2011 at 05:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetums89 View Post
    I vaccinated my firstborn til he was 12months. I never thought they were bad, and trusted drs. Then my son had a reaction to his 12month shots. He got a bad fever, and over the course of several days he changed. His eating completwly changed, his sleeping patterns changed, his personality changed, and he lost all words he had learnt to say. It wasnt til after this happened me and my DP researched vaccines(mainly DP, and very thoroughly), and we decided it was best he not get anymore shots, nor our little girl when we fell pregnant. Now Im not going and saying vaccines cause autism. There are trace amounts of thimerisol in vaccines(50% of that tiny amount in mercury, still not safe IMO), most babies/children can easily dispell it out of there body, but there are those few that retain it and hence have neurological disorders. These are just my personal beliefs. And I believe that the build up of small trace amounts of thimerisol from every vaccine caused him to react badly. This is why I am now anti-vax. My son is now 3 and has just got an ASD diagnoses. I believe there are other natural ways to get immunity. Sorry to ramble on. I want to make one thing clear, Im not anti immunization, I just believe there are safer ways to make vaccines more safe.

That must be so hard!! Just wanted to say I have heard there are ways to get heavy metals out of the body using coriander... yep coriander. DO some research and pm me and I can find out through my sources if you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmmmm, I am a bit of a fence sitter now. My older boys are vaccinated fully, including my eldest against chicken pox, but the more I hear about selective vaccinations the more interested I become. I thought vaccines had to be given on a schedule, like 3 months between for example? So with my 16 month old, if I delayed the 18 month vax then wouldn't that stuff up the immunity developing? Sorry if that makes no sense. I hate it when you know what you want to ask but can't make it sound right!

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    With my ex-DW, we fully immunised ours. Why? Because the doctor said so. Now that I'm with DP, she opened my eyes to the risks, the ingredients, the sometimes unncessary illnesses that we're immunising against. And I now wish I had done things differently with my two daughters.

I think we believe in "the trusted GP" too much. If you have one that you've been seeing for years etc and trust them, then that's great. But what we seem to forget is that they are just like you and me. Bills to pay, kids to feed, mortgage to pay. And yes, they do receive immunisation bonuses. So can you take their word that everything your pumping into your child is good for them?

So, my thing is "make an informed choice." The thing I'm annoyed with myself about is that I just "did as I was told" by the doctors with my own kids, instead of researching it. I may have chosen to get them fully immunised, but then it would have been my choice, not one I was told to do. And that's what I recommend people do. Look into it, make up your own mind, and stick to it. Doctors can't bully you into doing anything that you don't want to.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

kymmy  (07-02-2012),Pinkzy  (26-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sweetums89 you are certainly not alone, I know of parents asking the same question, having gone through a similar ordeal. They have not discredited any link between autism and vaccinations just because some idiot stuffed up his study. There are other studies still underway now (my other post in "worst vaccines" has a link about it). Not a lot of studies are done about these things because all research about vaccinations have been paid for by the pharmaceutical bodies (surprise surprise) and they refuse to compare the vax and unvaxxed so it's great you have gone & done your own research about it.

And may I say... I am just SO thrilled that on bub hub there is finally a safe place for anti vaxxers to go and share their experiences without being flamed! Yay!! At last

Sent from my iPhone more than likely while I should be doing something else!
    Last edited by proud-mum; 25-11-2011 at 10:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Damians Mum View Post
    **ETA (added below a few points in my post that later came to mind)**

First of all, things that made me question the whole effectiveness of vaccinations was just simply looking at reality - did you know we have MORE whooping cough then ever before in countries that have the HIGHEST whopping cough vaccination rates than ever before... Go figure. And herd immunity was supposed to come into play when vax rates got to near 80% and whooping cough is in the 90%?! So technically whooping cough should have been well eradicated but its worse than ever.go figure.
    Can you tell us, please, where you're getting these figures? Are you saying that 90% of the population gets whooping cough? Or 90% of non-immunised people get it? I'm interested in whooping cough because I've seen three cases in my classroom this year, and it's horrible and knocks them down for weeks. None of those who got it had been vaccinated; the immunised children stayed well.

My grandmother lost three children (under 5) to whooping cough in one week in the 1920s and that wasn't that unheard of. I don't believe we're seeing anything like those levels of disease.

So, can you provide sources?