+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I chose the Hepatitis and Whooping Cough vaccine on sched ule (Hepatitis within days of her birth) but delayed or s kipped the rest. The only one that I put very little thought into was the Chicken Pox (which was only available at extra cost at that time) one which I'll let her have before puberty hits if s he hasn't had chicken pox by then. The other ones were well thought out with a lot of talking to a lot of people in that field .
    I was advised the whooping cough vaccine is only available in a combined vaccine with others I am delaying. It's one I would have done on schedule if available on its own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    I was advised the whooping cough vaccine is only available in a combined vaccine with others I am delaying. It's one I would have done on schedule if available on its own.
    I'm outdated now. My baby is 8 now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

knomie  (09-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I'm outdated now. My baby is 8 now.
    Ok thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    Ok thanks
    Yeah that's why I don't enter into discus sions about becaus e a) It was too long ago and I've had too much beer in that time to remember exact details and b) It's outdated now with all the changes s o what I found out and what they have now aren't the same s o no point lis tening to me but my reasons for delay/selective vaccing are the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing as very interested to start researching this area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so as I believe the immune system of a human is so important I dont agree with messing with it in an unnatural way at such a young age. I also dont think a tiny little new bubba who as just gone thru a massive experience (birth) should have their trust broken by being hurt so soon after birth.

DS has had no vaccinations and did not get the Vit K either as my research showed me that they actually arent 100% certain that it solves the problem its supposed to.

Back in the 90's the government tried to get young adults to get the hep b vaccine but their plan didnt work so they decided to 'get them while their young' I dont think, in my case, it was at all necessary for hep b as we live in a very low risk area. We are thinking of giving ds some after he is 2... whooping cough and tetanus, but at this stage its just a thought, and considering that there is a mutated strain of WC out there that the vaccine has no effect on, we will probably only get Tetanus....if we can get it on its own.

I dont agree at all with the multi vaxes. SO dangerous for such a small body. Nearly every child I know who has been vaccinated has some sort of reoccuring illness, be it ear infections, croup or asthma. Ds has never been to a Dr and I have never had any reason to take him. I think there are much better ways to treat illness than with anti biotics but it seems thats all Drs care to administer these days. Ds does have a chiropractic adjustment every 3 weeks and I medicate with tissue salts and therapeutic grade essential oils if he does pick something up.

I have never held much faith in Dr's when it comes to treating illness though. They are great at fixing broken bones and cutting you open and stitching you up, but I think they only look to the symptoms of illness and not the actual cause.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azurial For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (26-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry your experience with your GP has been so limiting. Our GP is fantastic.

Vitamin K is only not as effective if given orally. This was not offered to us at our child's birth as he was deemed not to be at risk of haemorrhagic disease. Had he had to have an operation, we would have allowed the Vitamin K to be administered.

We keep an eye on the government's immunisation site for any updates/changes in the vaccines which also give a run down on what diseases are vaccinated against and how they are delivered (ie what's in the needle). For example, the first vaccines administered at 2,4 and 6 months is a combined vaccine for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, polio and haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine. You can find it here. Not sure about all States and Territories but in our State we were issued with a child's health book which outlined the program and vaccines in detail. We used this, literature and professional opinions to obtain a big picture.

Given that outdated, wild and just plain inaccurate beliefs still exist about vaccines, it truly helps to be fully informed before making a choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by InBetween View Post
    I'm sorry your experience with your GP has been so limiting. Our GP is fantastic.

Vitamin K is only not as effective if given orally. This was not offered to us at our child's birth as he was deemed not to be at risk of haemorrhagic disease. Had he had to have an operation, we would have allowed the Vitamin K to be administered.

We keep an eye on the government's immunisation site for any updates/changes in the vaccines which also give a run down on what diseases are vaccinated against and how they are delivered (ie what's in the needle). For example, the first vaccines administered at 2,4 and 6 months is a combined vaccine for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, polio and haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine. You can find it here. Not sure about all States and Territories but in our State we were issued with a child's health book which outlined the program and vaccines in detail. We used this, literature and professional opinions to obtain a big picture.

Given that outdated, wild and just plain inaccurate beliefs still exist about vaccines, it truly helps to be fully informed before making a choice.
    Is this post directed at me?

I'm sorry but I gave my opinion to the op, as was asked. I have my thoughts on vaccines, the unnecessary Vit K injection which can do more harm than good and I have my opinion of gp's. Kindly respect that and dont try to start a debate for your own agenda.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vitamin K was also not on offer when mine was born but was for the other person in my room (before s he left my room because my baby annoyed her) becaus e she had a c-sec tion that also had other complications that meant sh e was offered the Vit K for her bub. I'm not s ure what it's like now but it wasn't automatic when mine was born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very interested to hear other people's opinions on this topic...

I have been considering delayed vaxxing for my little bubba on the way, but have no idea where it starts and when/how I can refuse.

This message proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device. Beep beep.