+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Starting Clomid

DH and I have been TTC for around 5 years now (already has 6 yo DS). Last week I had hysteroscopy and laparoscopy where GYN removed loads of adhesions and a large cyst and I am going for an HSG this friday to make sure tubes are still open, sorry if tmi. I have PCOS and take metformin and aldactone and will be taking clomid next cycle (have no idea when that will be but hopefully in about 3 weeks). Has anyone got a similar history and can let me know how clomid has affected you - I have heard some horror stories about side effects and it is making me nervous about taking it but GYN said the next 3 months will be the best time for me to conceive so we are doing everything we can to optimise that 3 months!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi HappyKat,
    Welcome to the wonderful world of clomid.
    The procedures you've had and the HSG can help increase fertility so fingers crossed this is the case for you.
    I have pcos and am on high dose clomid 200mg per day and metformin 1500mg ttc #4. My signature is a testament to the miracle of clomid. With DD1 clomid didn't work so had to go onto injectable hormones but the rest were clomid pg's. I've had 2 hsg's and I've lost count how many dildo cams I've had over the years. DH reckons I have more intimacy with it than him.....lol

There is a clomid support thread that you may be interested in. There are a lovely bunch of ladies going thru the same probs and medications.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I am new to the forum and still trying to find my way around so I will definately check out the other thread when I get there My metformin is 1000mg per day and I am starting clomid on 50mg .... I wish you luck with #4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello this is my first time on here. So im totally new but thought I would share my story and would love to hear anybodys opinion. I am 29 and TTC TO concieve for 10 months. I was diagnosed with PCOS 7 months ago after failing to have regular periods after coming off the pill. Anywho, I have just started my first round of Provera (to induce a bleed) and Clomid days 2-6. On day 12 I went for US and it showed a 20mm follicle! I was happy about this, but I have failed to have a + opk since then. Now CD 25. Does this mean this month is highly unlikely to work if I am not ovulating? Is this common to produce follicle but not ovulate? Thanks would appreciate any help!

TTC -DEC12
    FEB 13 - Dx PCOS/COMMENCED METFORMING 3000MG DAILY
    JULY - HSG, SEMEN ANALYSIS - both fine
    AUG - COMMENCED PROVERA/CLOMID 50MG 2-6
    21 day - 20MM FOLLICLE. .... still to get a +opk

Babydust to everyone trying out there