+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cordeaux Heights (Wollongong)
    Posts
    4,503
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked
    281
    Reviews
    18
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only had to wait 4 weeks to see my doctor and he checked my results and confirmed the diagnosis. Dr Davis gave me a script for Clomid and explained how it worked and when to take it. He also gave me a 21 day blood test and asked me to make an appointment for 4 weeks on the day AF comes. He also said to call him if I have any questions. He said if the results come back that I haven't O'ed we could into doing other tests.


    _____________________________
    It's the moments together that change us forever.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    230
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My Gyno did a sperm sample straight away and DH had big sperm issues. There was no point me being on clomid given this and there was no point in TTC with both issues. We were referred straight to a FS and were pregnant on our second IVF cycle five months later.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cordeaux Heights (Wollongong)
    Posts
    4,503
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked
    281
    Reviews
    18
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We didn't need a SA as we fell pregnant naturally with DS


    _____________________________
    It's the moments together that change us forever.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    496
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Wow I think I need to go to your doctors... Was pretty annoyed that I waited so long to get into the gyno and had to fly all the way over there for her to not do what I wanted!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cordeaux Heights (Wollongong)
    Posts
    4,503
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked
    281
    Reviews
    18
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mylittlefamily View Post
    Wow I think I need to go to your doctors... Was pretty annoyed that I waited so long to get into the gyno and had to fly all the way over there for her to not do what I wanted!
    I know for myself I needed to be really happy with my Gyne so I did a lot of research into it and checked out a couple before I settled on Dr Davis who I love and kept me calm through my emergency c-section.

    Do you have another person that you could maybe see. If the doctor isn't listening to your concerns and what you want then maybe you might need to see if you can a) you can get in sooner and b) find someone that is willing to listen to your concerns and provide a better service.

    Have you asked around on here people's experince with the gyne's in your area?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    496
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimnus View Post
    I know for myself I needed to be really happy with my Gyne so I did a lot of research into it and checked out a couple before I settled on Dr Davis who I love and kept me calm through my emergency c-section.

    Do you have another person that you could maybe see. If the doctor isn't listening to your concerns and what you want then maybe you might need to see if you can a) you can get in sooner and b) find someone that is willing to listen to your concerns and provide a better service.

    Have you asked around on here people's experince with the gyne's in your area?
    There isn't anyone here 7hour drive or a flight away! And can't really ask anyone I know as ttc is a secret.. Also if I changed to a different one would I have to pay the first visit fee again?

    The nurse that did my blood test said that she saw the same dr and was really happy with her!! I have a feeling it's because she was older..

    So many health professionals seem to be not so willing to help as I'm "young".. (24!!) they keep saying to me, "you've got years, your so young! If you were 35 we would have to worry". It makes me mad.. Annoyed..

    Now I'm whinging cause your listening sorry!!! :tongue:


    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app instead of cleaning the house!!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    9,135
    Thanks
    3,609
    Thanked
    2,361
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I thought the only way to get a definitive diagnosis of PCOS is surgery... I don't understand how you diagnosed yourself or had tests when laproscopic surgery is the *only* way to diganose PCOS or Endometriosis (or so I've been told)?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    3,008
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    48
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    I thought the only way to get a definitive diagnosis of PCOS is surgery... I don't understand how you diagnosed yourself or had tests when laproscopic surgery is the *only* way to diganose PCOS or Endometriosis (or so I've been told)?
    PCOS is deinately not diagnosed with surgery. An ultrasound can detect cysts on the ovaries and blood tests can check hormone levels. If both indicate PCOS then this is a diagnosis, some only have the cysts and are therefore diagnosed with only PCO, not the whole syndrome.

    And just to note in general not all with PCOS need metformin, some don't have the Insulin Resistance and weight gain because of it and are not prescribed it.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cordeaux Heights (Wollongong)
    Posts
    4,503
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked
    281
    Reviews
    18
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mylittlefamily View Post
    There isn't anyone here 7hour drive or a flight away! And can't really ask anyone I know as ttc is a secret.. Also if I changed to a different one would I have to pay the first visit fee again?

    The nurse that did my blood test said that she saw the same dr and was really happy with her!! I have a feeling it's because she was older..

    So many health professionals seem to be not so willing to help as I'm "young".. (24!!) they keep saying to me, "you've got years, your so young! If you were 35 we would have to worry". It makes me mad.. Annoyed..

    Now I'm whinging cause your listening sorry!!! :tongue:


    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app instead of cleaning the house!!
    That s*cks hun...I am so sorry that you don't have any Dr Support out your way. Maybe at your next appointment you might have to sit down with your Gyne and let her/him know how your are feeling. I hope that you get the support that you are looking for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    I thought the only way to get a definitive diagnosis of PCOS is surgery... I don't understand how you diagnosed yourself or had tests when laproscopic surgery is the *only* way to diganose PCOS or Endometriosis (or so I've been told)?
    I was diagnosed with PCOS through ultrasound and bloods and in the ultrasound report it was noted that I have PCOS

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    9,135
    Thanks
    3,609
    Thanked
    2,361
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmm OK. Have just been googling and you're right - seems ultrasound and blood tests can diagnose PCOS.

    I had quite a large complex ovarian cyst recently but luckily wasn't diagnosed with anything other than it was a benign complex cyst that ruptured and went away on it's own. That was a great doctors visit .


 

Similar Threads

  1. Joy of finding an obstetrician/ gyno : Feedback needed
    By cathyj in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 17:28
  2. PCOS with no typical PCOS symptoms?
    By Shoopuf in forum Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-01-2012, 18:30
  3. 4th Miscarriage Doc now referring us to a Gyno!!!
    By mumofonebutwantingonemore in forum Pregnancy Health Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-01-2012, 13:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!