+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi ladies, I'm hoping some of you can give me a bit of advice.

While we love the fact we have 2 beautiful princesses, I know how much DH wants a son to carry in the family name. We aren't going to be disappointed if we have another girl (frankly, I wouldn't know what to do with a boy LOL) but I'm hoping I can try to "encourage" his boy swimmers to reach the egg first. I read somewhere that DTD as close to O as possible can increase the chances of a boy? Is that correct or have I got it the wrong way around?

TIA baby dust to all

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post

While we love the fact we have 2 beautiful princesses, I know how much DH wants a son to carry in the family name. We aren't going to be disappointed if we have another girl (frankly, I wouldn't know what to do with a boy LOL) but I'm hoping I can try to "encourage" his boy swimmers to reach the egg first. I read somewhere that DTD as close to O as possible can increase the chances of a boy? Is that correct or have I got it the wrong way around?

TIA baby dust to all

Yeh that's right, boy sperm swim fast and die early, girl sperm swim slow and last longer. So u want to try and dtd as close to O ing as possible and not b4.

Also eat lots of red meat and salty foods to create the right ph level that boy sperm like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lil miss we dtd on O day and the next two days after and conceived a boy. this time we are swaying for a girl, but not getting too caught up in it. will prob try to dtd up to O day but not on and i am taking magnesium, calcium and cranberry supps which i have read are supposed to make you more susceptible to conceiving girls i believe. but at the end of the day i wouldnt be unhappy with another boy either, ds has been awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBabyBells View Post
    I did one of those psychic readings alot of the girls did from the November thread, and she said this (dec) is my month! haha bit of fun, but she's right!!
    what one did you use? i read about those girls getting the readings, nearly did it then chickened out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bet3 View Post
    Yeh that's right, boy sperm swim fast and die early, girl sperm swim slow and last longer. So u want to try and dtd as close to O ing as possible and not b4.

Also eat lots of red meat and salty foods to create the right ph level that boy sperm like.
    Thanks so we should try to avoid DTD until I get the pos OPK? Because I have worked out that I get a pos OPK on cd18, and O on cd19. So we should aim to DTD on those days as oppose to the days leading up to that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think your supposed to stop a couple of days out from O.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hi all! 13 dpo and looks like AF is coming but DH said this morning we can't afford another godammit

Really hope he changes his mind so we can head on in to December..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post

TIA baby dust to all

Hi there I am swaying for a boy If you read my diary you can get some info there. I started back in January and have since learnt that the Shettles method is kind of de-bunked (does have some truth behind it but the whole girl and boy swim faster/slower is actually incorrect.)

Diet plays the biggest role of all in swaying.. more boys are conceived to women who eat well lots of protein, carbs, good fats so plenty of full fat milk, cheese and yoghurt (avoid skim) nuts, red meat, oats, vegetables and fruit. It does get more comprehensive but that's it, in a nutshell! Also supplements can help Vit D is shown to be very helpful and you want to have really good CM too! More girls are born when CM is not as copious and more creamy than egg white.

pH can play a part, although not as important as diet and timing comes in aswell although again not as important as diet. You do though, want to watch how frequent your man :"releases" too often can lower sperm count swaying girl but higher levels sway boy.
    I can inbox you more info if you like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Added your POAS day Lil miss, angelanathan, how crazy cool, dancingtren and Sian

Welcome newcomers! you graduate to here hokey pokey

Yeh lil miss, if I were you I'd DTD the night of cd18 then again cd 19, maybe cd 20 for good measure. And only those days around your fertile window. Sending some blue thoughts your way

Has anyone checked out the chinese fertility calendar? I think it was right for my first two but as we are leaving number 3 for a surprise, I dont want to have a look at it this time! Just wondering if it worked for anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by My Beloved Ones View Post
    Added your POAS day Lil miss, angelanathan, how crazy cool, dancingtren and Sian

Welcome newcomers! you graduate to here hokey pokey

Yeh lil miss, if I were you I'd DTD the night of cd18 then again cd 19, maybe cd 20 for good measure. And only those days around your fertile window. Sending some blue thoughts your way

Has anyone checked out the chinese fertility calendar? I think it was right for my first two but as we are leaving number 3 for a surprise, I dont want to have a look at it this time! Just wondering if it worked for anyone else?
    Thank you

I checked the Chinese fertility calendar, and it was wrong with DD1 (said boy), right with DD2 and if we fall pregnant this cycle predicts boy