+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cramping during early pregnancy

Hi,

I am just over 3 weeks pg and have been getting af style cramping on and off for the last couple of days. I have also been getting very sharp stabbing pains in the groin area and constant lower back pain (I am constantly thinking af is coming).

Is this normal?

Thanks from a very worry wart first timer!

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally normal, it feels like you will get your period - i have had this every time i have been pregnant, even more so than when i am not pregnant. Don't worry, it all sounds totally normal & congrats.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Very normal! I had period-type cramping at the start of my pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW, congrats puffs!! That's awesome news.. I believe cramping, bloating and general aches and pains in early pregnancy are normal. I know I had a heap, and strangely right about when AF was due they were at their best. All my best wishes are with you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Puffs! I remember you when you did your first cycle and got no sperm around the same time as we were doing ours. I am SOOOO excited for you

I am about 5weeks 4 days PG with our first also and have had AF type cramping since before AF was due. Everyone keeps telling me it's normal. (HAPPY DANCE!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grebbeci,

I am so excited for you ! It feels so unreal doesn’t it? Sadly I lost that baby at 8 weeks but am currently 15w3d pregnant again and am still cramping.

Please keep me updated on how your pregnancy is going. I hope the next 7 or so month are very uneventful for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I have a question as I am very worried and I was hoping someone might have some idea. I am 28 yo my DH is 35. I have one blocked tube due to scar tissue from a large ovarian cyst whch was removed 3 years ago.

We just finished our first IVF cycle. For all accounts it was successful. We got 13 eggs, 9 fertilised and 6 made it to blastocyst. I found out I was pregnant 2 and a bit weeks ago, My first BT showed hcg levels of 328 and proestorne levels of 1227. My second BT showed HCG levels of 2210 and progestoroene levels of 1117. I am booked in for my fist us on the 4th september but I am petrified it will be a chemical or ecoptic pregnancy. I have had some cramping and I think its more on one side but have had all the usual pregnancy symptoms as well. I have had no spotting or bledding at all. Is this normal? should i be worried? can they tell if its an ecoptic or chemical from your hcg levels?

Thanks
    POH

Thanks
    Reviews
    sounds perfectly normal to me. If it was a chemical pregnancy normally hcg levels are really low like less than 100.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cramping during early pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Of Hearts View Post
    Hi ladies,

I have a question as I am very worried and I was hoping someone might have some idea. I am 28 yo my DH is 35. I have one blocked tube due to scar tissue from a large ovarian cyst whch was removed 3 years ago.

We just finished our first IVF cycle. For all accounts it was successful. We got 13 eggs, 9 fertilised and 6 made it to blastocyst. I found out I was pregnant 2 and a bit weeks ago, My first BT showed hcg levels of 328 and proestorne levels of 1227. My second BT showed HCG levels of 2210 and progestoroene levels of 1117. I am booked in for my fist us on the 4th september but I am petrified it will be a chemical or ecoptic pregnancy. I have had some cramping and I think its more on one side but have had all the usual pregnancy symptoms as well. I have had no spotting or bledding at all. Is this normal? should i be worried? can they tell if its an ecoptic or chemical from your hcg levels?

Thanks
    POH
    Hi POH ,

I think this all sounds normal. I had cramping and found I felt it more on the left. I had no bleeding at all. Chemical I don't think your hcg would get that high. I think you would be in a lot of pain with an ectopic, not just period style cramps. Also, I think worrying about every twinge is normal.. All the best