+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Eek you will probably have to be blunt and tell him that you aren't interested in it at all.

Sent from my iPhone while breast feeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I no nothing about Amway, but googled "amway experiences" and the first result was a cult info website...'nuff said

Good luck at getting rid of the guy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep that happened to me. I said I couldn't go and then they insisted on coming to my house and I couldn't get out of it. That's when they pressured me to sign up and pay $80 because they are very pushy face to face and wouldn't take no for an answer. What ever you do don't let them come to your house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would just be blunt as well. Tell him the truth bc it sounds like every excuse you use, he'll think of something to get around it. I'd just say thanks for the invite, but I'm not interested in being an amway rep or buying the products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummysYellowCar View Post
    Hi
    I have an acquaintance trying to get me to sign up to Amway. As much as I like their products, I'm a single mum & their stuff doesn't really fit into my budget plus I feel that I'd alienate most of my friends by trying to sign them up as well. Their promise of $50k a year in royalties seems too good to be true.

Has anyone done ok out of it? I'm kinda thinking that the bottom of the pyramid is just too big these days.
    Just an update... all the warnings were well warranted. I told the Amway guy to get lost. Then a week later he turned up late one night with a catalogue & insisted on leaving it for me to have a look at. Then the stalker-like phone calls started where he asked for the catalogue back, an order and a list of at least 12 friends and phone numbers. I told him not to come to my house again and I agreed to mail the catalogue back to him at his work. This is the wierdest part- he sent it back to me marked 'return to sender' on the envalope with a nasty note on the back saying not to send him Amway stuff at work. Ugh! Guess it will make some fairly fancy bin liner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a douche!