+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by •kristyb• View Post
    This will make you laugh - someone in dh's family signed us up as a wedding present!! Can you believe it??? After we had said NO!! Multiple times. We haven't done a thing and we dont intend to. Just another scam.
    Oh my god that's too funny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rude as hey! I was like get f&$)Ed!!
    Hahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Stay away!!!

My step-mum is right into it and she is *obsessed*. It has taken over her life, she lives and breathes amway in an attempt to make a 'residual income' (she constantly talks about how one day she will have this 'residual income' and not have to work at all, and be able to spend all day with her kids...).

She has been doing it hardcore for about 4 years now and she still places as much energy into it as she did from the start, in an attempt to make it to the top (ALL her energy!).

She has spent a lot of time away from her children at meetings and networking, and I truly just want to tell her that her kids will be adults once/if she makes it! It seems like she's already missed so much. They were aged 8 and 11 when she started, now they are 12 and 15, and they rarely see their Mum

When we stay at Dad's we never see her because she's always out doing amway things, and she comes home very late each night. When she did come home, she tried to sell it to us. In fact, every time we see her she tries - its incredibly annoying.

Her relationship with my Dad is pretty much ruined because of it He has commented about it a lot and he seems really unhappy.

I would personally stay away.

Sent from my iPhone while breast feeding
    It's definitely time consuming. My partner said when he was growing up (they lived in the country, 2.5 hours from Brisbane), they would frequently go to Brisbane for weekends so his parents could go to the meetings.

While my partner is not pro network marketing, he is slightly indoctrinated in amway. I once commented how expensive the products were, and he gave me a long spiel about how concentrated they were, how long they lasted etc. He truly is an Amway child.

For a laugh, my partner went to another networking marketing scheme seminar with FIL and BIL. It was for videosharing, and nothing novel. Apparently the guy pumped everybody up, and said that this product was going to allow people all over the world to talk to each and could achieve world peace. PMSL. and this was after skype and webcameras had been around for ages, no nothing novel. Naturally, FIL and BIL signed up but nothing came of it.

eta. somebody else told me his sister got sucked into amway. she was pressured to keep buying, and couldn't actually sell the stuff, so ended up with a garage with thousands of dollars of amway products.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ^^ Lol that reminds me of something my Step-mum said recently. My BIL was harmlessly taking a multivitamin and she swooped in to advise how they aren't batch tested and super duper concentrated like the amway ones, and that he may as well be swallowing capsules of air You literally can't even take a vitamin around her without a reference to amway !!

Sent from my iPhone while breast feeding

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (02-01-2012),Luna Lovegood  (06-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Don't do it!!

I cringe every time a friends starts a ponzi scheme like this, they are illegal for starters.

Friends get mad I'm not supporting them when I don't come to their 'parties', but then when they beg me to come and I don't buy anything they're annoyed.

Then they wonder why I avoid them, sigh.

You're better off coming up with your own business to run from home than investing in this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow! Thanks for all the replies.

I had a gut feeling it was rather dodgy. When the initial phone call came through the week it was out of the blue from someone I don't know too well & he kinda lied about what he wanted- he just happens to be an engineer on a the national broadband network stuff and used a line about 'offering a cash job in relation to the redistribution of internet services'.

Needless to say I think I will be deleting his number- I'm beginning to think the guy's a bit of a wierdo and I am starting to wonder why his wife took the kids & moved interstate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Amway, their washing powder and cleaning products are AWESOME. A box of their washing powder lasts me almost a year, so for the $50 I pay its well worth it. My mum has sold it for years, but never did it for the money, she's never been to a seminar or a networking meeting, simply because she liked the products and living rural back in the 80's before online shopping it was great.

Would I ever sell amway? HELL TO THE NO!!!!! I have few friends as it is so I wouldnt want to lose them by always pushing a product on them. I think its a terrible way to sell. If I like product I will use it and recommend it but to sell....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    this will make you laugh - someone in dh's family signed us up as a wedding present!! Can you believe it??? After we had said no!! Multiple times. We haven't done a thing and we dont intend to. Just another scam.
    omg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This will make you laugh - someone in dh's family signed us up as a wedding present!! Can you believe it??? After we had said NO!! Multiple times. We haven't done a thing and we dont intend to. Just another scam.
    Thats too funny! Also totally inappropriate as a wedding gift.

They want me to attend their meetings to sign up- 8pm on a Monday night and a 45 min drive from my home. i'm a single mum to a 3yo with a FT job- the guy had the cheek to tell me to give up some of my sleep time. WTF?? The more I think about it the more I think I'm just not going to turn up- won't even bother ringing. Not like the person trying to sign me up is someone I'd consider a friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh!

Shouldn't have given out my home address! I emailed the guy was polite and said I can't do the latenight signup meetings at the said dodgy hotel in sleazy area. So I'd give it a miss. Now he wants to come to my house.

Will bluntly tell him no. Have one more 'no' explanation I will run with before I get rude & that's the old 'conflict of interest in my job' line.