+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Inner Melbourne?

I noticed there were no topics at all in this thread but I'm sure there must be some of us out there?

I'm in prahran and my first bub is due on 3 July!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha! I am in Prahran, first time mum due 11th July! We are so close there must be others out there. Perhaps we need to post specific questions/thoughts to get a response. Anyway, I'm listening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HilarydeV View Post
    Hahaha! I am in Prahran, first time mum due 11th July! We are so close there must be others out there. Perhaps we need to post specific questions/thoughts to get a response. Anyway, I'm listening
    Hurray! Which hospital are you going to? So glad there is someone else near me how have you been feeling? Ive been really lucky and been well the whole time.

Have you bought anything yet?

I've been looking into possible daycare and am thinking of the ABC on High St as well as one in the city...

Maybe we will be in the same mothers group! Do you know how and where that is organised? Through Stonnington council?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Hurray! Which hospital are you going to? So glad there is someone else near me how have you been feeling? Ive been really lucky and been well the whole time.

Have you bought anything yet?

I've been looking into possible daycare and am thinking of the ABC on High St as well as one in the city...

Maybe we will be in the same mothers group! Do you know how and where that is organised? Through Stonnington council?
    Well I did feel pretty low energy first trimester, really tired at work and difficult to exercise too much etc, but no morning sickness and compared to others I've had a easy ride, at least I COULD work, if not at my usual level.

Now I feel great! Working well and exercising again, just a little dizzy some days.

I'm in Cabrini Hospital.

Um, I bought a cot and change table as I was looking around on the internet during the holidays and found a really good deal on eBay through Quirky Bubba. It's a gorgeous wooden cot, I'm happy, but then I had to find space to put it! That involved rearranging the house a bit, lucky it was holidays. Might go to a mothers' market sometime too, to get an idea of things, but probably won't buy much more till closer in. You?? Any tips?

Childcare I did have a bit of a look - ABC looked good but was top-of-the-range in terms of price....I inquired with Swinburne Prahran Community
    Children's Centre because that got good reviews too but I haven't gone to a tour yet. I should get more organised, some of the wait lists are soooo loooooong!!! When are you planning to go back to work?

I'm not sure how the mothers groups are organised, I guess through the council and they just contact you? There are certainly a lot of preggo ladies walking around here, but who knows if they're residents or just visitors!

So right now I feel like an absolute whale! I've put on like 4 or 5 kilos and my stomach is expanding! Went to Pumpkin Patch and got a few maternity things the other day (they had a sale on) but a lot of my clothes still fit me, it's just that my wardrobe's shrunk and I can't fit into my jeans! I've also had to buy a few maternity bras, and might have to get more if my boobs get even bigger....being pregnant is so damn expensive!

Hope you are doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, I noticed that there aren't many of us in this forum . I'm in South Melbourne and have a 6.5 month old bub. First time mum too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivavoom View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that there aren't many of us in this forum . I'm in South Melbourne and have a 6.5 month old bub. First time mum too
    It's weird when you see so many mums with bubs around here! I guess they're just not into the forums I'm getting really excited to join the mum club now! Only 4 months to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm in the area! I've got 2 kids and I'm still meeting up with my mothers group 5 years later. Mine started at the Princes Gardens Maternal & Child Centre behind Chapel Off Chapel.

I am friends with some BubHubbers but they don't live locally, met them through a single parents playgroup.

My DS didn't go to childcare, but some of the kids in my mothers group went to the one at the end of Henry St Prahran and seemed happy there. There's also an occasional childcare centre in Grosvenor St South Yarra, a couple of the kids in my mothers group went there and were very happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I'm in the area! I've got 2 kids and I'm still meeting up with my mothers group 5 years later. Mine started at the Princes Gardens Maternal & Child Centre behind Chapel Off Chapel.

I am friends with some BubHubbers but they don't live locally, met them through a single parents playgroup.

My DS didn't go to childcare, but some of the kids in my mothers group went to the one at the end of Henry St Prahran and seemed happy there. There's also an occasional childcare centre in Grosvenor St South Yarra, a couple of the kids in my mothers group went there and were very happy.
    Thanks for that! Do you remember what the Henry St one is called? I can always go and have a look, I live really close by. I went to look at Princes Close and Stonnington Children's Centre and they both seem really well run so I have my name down there, but other options are always good as it's so hard to get in!

Good to hear that mother's group was a great place to make friends! I'll probably be in the same one

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also in the area... i live in South Yarra and am due on the 4th of July!

Would love to meet some mums in the area once bub is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachbub1 View Post
    I'm also in the area... i live in South Yarra and am due on the 4th of July!

Would love to meet some mums in the area once bub is born.
    Me too! I am in Prahran and am due on the 3rd! Let's lock something in when we can for everyone. There are a few in the area now.

Where are you birthing? Is this your first?