+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best way to naturally induce? sex?

I heard that having sex is the best natural way...as well as stimulating nipples. Had anyone used this method to self induce at all? Does it work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Clary Sage oil can help.
    How far are you?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

HouseOfFun  (16-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both my labours were brought on after going for an hour long walk, not sure if it was coincedental, but I have heard walking can contribute to progressing labour. Acupunture can also bring on labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm only 32 weeks and my backpain's been awfully horribly killing me day and night. I want bub to drop when he turns 37 weeks....can't wait any longer and this is my second one. DS1 is a hyperative toddler and kill me even more to look after him

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried everything to bring on my labour nothing worked i ended up being induced at 11 days over due.
    I was inserting evening primrose very day, drinking raspberry leaf tea, walking heaps, sex, and I had about 4
    Sweeps still nothing I think they just come when they are ready unless your induced hope everything goes well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Three doses of acupuncture from a qualified person sent me into labour. My first was overdue so he only took 1 session!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    castor oil put me into labour last time. cleanrd mr right out and there ws no issues with bub or my waters. it didnt kick in till the next day though. i was also 40 + 10 then too.

sex also can help. dh and i were put on bedroom restrictions because we were doing *it* too often too freqwently and i went into preturm at 30 weeks. thankgod they managed to stop it. butwe were going at it like rabbits because my hormonea were threw the roof. 2 maybe even 3 times a day.... but you have to get the spirm right up into your cervix as that helps soften dialate and ripen your cervix and the orgasm is what starts the contractions off. im now 37 weeks and still on restrictions lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeyhedgehog View Post
    Three doses of acupuncture from a qualified person sent me into labour. My first was overdue so he only took 1 session!!
    This ^^ although I only needed one session since I was 5 days over too. My OB actually recommended it and it worked.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daddynmummybee View Post
    sex also can help. dh and i were put on bedroom restrictions because we were doing *it* too often too freqwently and i went into preturm at 30 weeks. thankgod they managed to stop it.
    Really?!

Jeez hubby and I were at it like rabbits too, and the doctor told us that the pleasure from it could only do good to the developing baby, and it would help my muscles for birth.
    We did it about 4+ times a day, we would have done it more if he didn't have to work, but man I wanted him more than I wanted deep fried pineapple fritters.
    and I think we can all understand how much a heavily pregnant woman would want pineapple fritters deep fried in sugar.

I never knew you could overdo it and have to be on restrictions!
    We had to stop for a week because we actually chafed the skin right off his....y'know.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekobaka View Post
    i'm only 32 weeks and my backpain's been awfully horribly killing me day and night. I want bub to drop when he turns 37 weeks....can't wait any longer and this is my second one. DS1 is a hyperative toddler and kill me even more to look after him
    Have you tried chiro or an osteopath rather than trying induction? Your baby is still has a lot of developing to do, even at 37 weeks there is still development going on..