+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It has gone very quiet! I'm waiting to POAS on the weekend . Hopefully it's a positive result!

How are you going luckyme1? Did you have your scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Jackinabox

Not good, saw my FS two weeks ago and he said my AMH (ovarian reserve) is really low. It's 1 and it should be 5-15 for my age. He said that to keep trying for six months and then to try IVF. But he said IVF will be hard for me as I don't have many eggs left, so I will only get half the eggs of a normal cycle. My chances are 5-15%.

Devastated to say the least. We will keep trying but I'm thinking maybe I will only have one baby in my life. But I love him so much, I feel blessed to have him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear you havnt had good results luckyme1. It must be really hard to hear that when you want another child. I guess you can only keep trying and see how you go. I really hope your in that 5-15% and fall pregnant. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, we're still trying naturally as advised by the doctors, so keep your fingers crossed for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, this is my "don't give up hope" post. Last October DD was born and I was 42. She was conceived naturally within the first month of trying. She is perfect, and my pregnancy was text book normal. We desperately wanted a sibling for her but felt that trying for this year only was going to be our safest course of action.

Well, she's 5 and a half months old and I am 4 weeks pregnant and nearly 43. My periods post pregnancy were all over the place but I continued to use an app called period diary pro and we maximised DTD when it suggested I was ovulating. I also did the very elegant bum and legs high up against the wall every single time too, hoping that gravity would assist.

I'm not fit, I'm sleep deprived and I eat more crap food than is good for me. I do take Blackmores pregnancy tabs, and their conception tabs, folate and iodine and COenzyme Q tabs. I don't drink alcohol but I have bummed a few ciggies off the neighbour on those difficult afternoons when the little miss has had me up against the ropes.

Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up!
    Best of best luck to you all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kalgirl For This Useful Post:

scarymarygoldfish  (08-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyme1 View Post
    Thank you, we're still trying naturally as advised by the doctors, so keep your fingers crossed for us.
    Will do, don't give up hope & do keep trying! I have a friend who also had a very low AMH score & is trying IVF to conceive a 2nd bub. It's hard cause she had no trouble falling preg with her first. Aging sucks.
    I am still having crazily long cycles and totally missed the window last month. Think our timing was better this month but with 5 days of positive OPKs it's hard to know for sure when I o'd. Got a bfn on Thurs but maybe too early. Waiting to see if AF shows up around CD 35-39 again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank for the kind words, how is your friend going with Ivf?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend is not pregnant yet & taking a break from IVF.

I had a very faint positive last month but bled two days later Disappointed n a bit sad but told myself it wasn't meant to be. Glad I didn't have too much time to get used to the idea.

I'm now at day 38 of this cycle. BFNs on days 30 & 35. A very faint positive today. Seems like last month all over again! I had a really strong BFP with my first preg so this is messing with my head.

Decided rather than waiting for AF to get a blood test done today. At least I will know one way or another what's going on. I can't let myself hope too much but am being as positive as I can.

Anyone else in this thread got news?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear you got your bfn, maybe next month.

We've gone to see a fs and she's running some tests to see what is going on, plus tracking my cycle. She also said Ivf may not work for me because of my low reserve but that we won't really find out until we try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been wondering how you're getting on, I guess you're maybe in an IVF thread now?

I had a 2nd m/c after my last post but it's looking like 3rd time lucky for me - we made it to a dating scan which showed a heartbeat! It's still very early days but I'm hopeful that this is a sticky one.

Best wishes & baby dust to you, I hope there's good news for you too x