+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Trying to conceive baby number two and over 35 years old.

Anyone out there also like me? Love to share my ttc journey with you. Bit stressed about it. I'm 39.

Had my AF after my first cycle of trying. But saying that it's also my first cycle since having my son in January, so it's been a day shorter than it used to be, and I reckon I o'd on cd8 or cd9 as I had cramps. So fingers crossed i didn't get preggers cos my cycle is all over the place, and this month is when it settles down and I get pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello I'm ttc #2. I'm 35 and DD is nearly 14. Got her without even trying . We've been ttc for about 7 months now. I have had issues coming off the pill and only just with last couple of cycles have I had a somewhat normal cycle. Still confident it will happen. Good luck to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Would live to share! We are supposed to start trying this month! I have a 12 month old DS and was very lucky to fall straight away with him, Ive just turned 41 so am a bit concerned it may not be as easy this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can I join too?

I'm 36 and, while we planned to wait and have approx a 4 year gap, we didn't plan on my recent m/c. So while it was easy to conceive both DD and our angel bub, I am worried that being a bit older now may cause more problems, even though I'm in better shape now than back at 32. We're back to TTC this month - yet to O but didn't until about CD21-22 last cycle so trying to be patient!

Lucky Me and Elija's Mum, as you were (technically) 'older mums' when you had your first, how much pressure was there to do all the tests? I didn't get the 12-13 week bloods/us with DD and had no pressure from my OB to, but not so sure what the attitude will be this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I didn't really have pressure as such but he did " highly recommend " I hate them but I will have them again, i had the NT scan and bloods at 12 weeks and my scan was great but my blood combined with age put me high risk ( 1:120 ) I had an amnio at 15 weeks with DS, which was actually not that bad but I was still panicked as there is a slight risk of mc with them , that's the only thing I hated about being pregnant, the worrying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, hello everyone. Great to have people on the journey.

We were under no pressure to do blood tests. But I was happy to do them. We had an all clear anyway. So we didn't need the amino. We were going to keep the baby anyway if it was down's, but luckily Ds is perfect. Sitting in his high chair screaming at the moment after having his cream cheese sandwich. He is a delight.

My sister told my her cycles were a bit erratic after her 3 kids so that made me feel better. So this month we try again. I've decided to try and Dtd every other day rather than guess o day. So phew it will be a marathon sex month. Luckily dh is off work. Good luck everyone this month! I'm still going to try opk's just to see when I'm ovulating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question to the group. Did you choose to wait till you were this age or did things get in the way?

Cd5 now still bleeding a little, going to try to dtd. Trying to get into my doctor to get acupuncture as well this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only met DH 5 years ago, married after a year, set up a new business the next 2 years and then started trying for baby! ( luckily only took 3 months)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well as for me, this is my second marriage.

My first husband strung me along about kids asking me to wait two years when I wanted them at 32.

So I gave him my drop dead date of my 34th birthday. Then the *******, told me he didn't want kids, he then dragged it out another six months in counselling but still decided no so we separated, and two months later I met my wonderful now hubby who rescued me.

We married a year and a half later and started trying straight away, we got preggers eight weeks later but unfortunately miscarried at 10.5 weeks, then pregnant again six weeks later. Lost that angel at six weeks, but six weeks later Ds was conceived.

A stressful pregnancy but a beautiful boy who my DH and i love very much.

So ttc as soon as we can for a beautiful sibling for my ds. Fingers crossed for this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm glad to hear that hopefully I won't get too much pressure to do every test available this time around. I just worry that now I'm past the magic number I'll be treated differently.

When I was young I always thought I would have a career first and then kids later. I always knew I wanted kids though.

I got married to XH in my early 20s and after a year or so started to get super-clucky. Before we even talked about getting married we'd discussed if we both wanted kids etc (and he did) but then when I brought it up he 'changed his mind', so I gave him some time and would bring it up again every 6 months or so and like Luckyme, had counselling about this (and other issues). While he eventually decided that he did want kids (in another few years) I'd had anough time to see that he was not the sort of man I wanted as the father of my children and we divorced after 7 years together.

I met my DH just before I turned 30. He's younger than me so was happy to wait longer, but with my history of PCOS we decided to start trying after a bit less than 2 years together, expecting to have a long road ahead. DD was conceived first try.

We wanted a 4 year gap though, so yes, I did choose to have second bub (and third if we decide to go there) in my late 30s.