+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes toughlove I want to see the tatts!

Afm - it depends... A chick I know has her son above her heart, she likes it so good for her. I don't like it, but don't have to wear it.

I'm now in the market for a new tattoo as the one I wanted could hinder job prospects. Also the chick I want to do it is fully (yep fully) booked until 2014!
    So I have 2 years to design one
    To represent my family - names or no names.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoda View Post
    I really want to get a tattoo for my kids but really can't think of what pic to get that represents them so I'm thinking I might get there DOB's on my wrist in roman numerals so that when I look at them I know what it means but other people don't unless they ask whats it mean.
    I hope that makes sense!!!

Lol.. At least you'll never forget their Birthday!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I plan to have mine done when kids are complete. I'm not a fan if all the names don't match. I'm planing to get them all on my right wrist or on my pelvis

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nudge88 View Post
    My girlfriend and I got tattoos together after uni. She got a cupcake on her butt and I got a my little pony on mine. I got it because I have always loved my little pony since I was 2 or 3. I also grew up in the country riding horses. So my tattoo is a tribute to my wonderful childhood. It's also super-cute

I will be getting a tattoo of DDs newborn handprint on my shoulderblade at some stage in the future
    I love the handprint idea that's soo cool
    How do they do it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ex has the girls names tattooed on the inside of his upper arm.
    Its been over 3 years since he has seen (or called) them. I hope it reminds him everyday what a douchebag he is. I did hear a rumour that they have since been covered up (he's a charmer hey)

I have planned to get the girls names tattooed on my wrists, I found a beautiful design but am tossing up whether to add little pictures too (Brooke a heart & Lily...a lily..lol) so I haven't booked it yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    I love the handprint idea that's soo cool
    How do they do it?
    Get your bubbas handprints in paint and transfer to stencil (or you get an amazing tattooist to copy a photo)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 4 tattoos in total. I have both my DDs names on me.. DD1 is on my foot, DD2 is on my wrist. I plan to get designs done in tribute to my girls, especially DD2 Violet, but I can not decide on what I want, and will not get anything done other than their names until i am 1000000% sure. Something that will stand the test of time and is special to them. I have toyed with the idea of getting violets tiny handprints or footprints on me (they were done at birth obviously). But i dont just want a black goop of ink on me if that makes sense lol. I want them to be colourful and pretty with some sort of design around them

And yeah they do the handprints by simply photocopying the handprints, and stenciling from that as they do for any other tattoo, very tricky

ETA thought I would add that it amuses (for want of a better word?) me when people ask who Violet is, they get the most horrified look on their face and apologise profusely when i explain she is my stillborn daughter. I then have to explain its ok i have it in a highly visible place, i have to expect people to ask/comment, and that I have it in a highly visible place because a) I never want her to be forgotten, by anyone (of course im never going to forget her) b) I am comfortable talking about her, and i think pregnancy loss is something people should feel more freely to talk about. c) It reminds (well reminded me, I have the most fantastic DP and love of my life now) me to never ever end up with a douchebag like her father ever again. I value myself and my children more than that. And that the greatest loss from experiencing a tragedy is that nothing is learnt.
    Last edited by Super Trooper; 29-01-2012 at 23:33.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Each to their own but not my thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DP, just after DD's 1st birthday, got her portrait and her name attoed on his inner forearm.

I didn't like the idea at first but the guy did an awesome job and if anyone could find a fault, it would be me, as it's my babies face.

DP works FIFO and he considers it to be that she is ALWAYS with him as he will always be there for her. So it's a Daddy love thing for him I guess.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    I have 4 tattoos in total. I have both my DDs names on me.. DD1 is on my foot, DD2 is on my wrist. I plan to get designs done in tribute to my girls, especially DD2 Violet, but I can not decide on what I want, and will not get anything done other than their names until i am 1000000% sure. Something that will stand the test of time and is special to them. I have toyed with the idea of getting violets tiny handprints or footprints on me (they were done at birth obviously). But i dont just want a black goop of ink on me if that makes sense lol. I want them to be colourful and pretty with some sort of design around them

And yeah they do the handprints by simply photocopying the handprints, and stenciling from that as they do for any other tattoo, very tricky

ETA thought I would add that it amuses (for want of a better word?) me when people ask who Violet is, they get the most horrified look on their face and apologise profusely when i explain she is my stillborn daughter. I then have to explain its ok i have it in a highly visible place, i have to expect people to ask/comment, and that I have it in a highly visible place because a) I never want her to be forgotten, by anyone (of course im never going to forget her) b) I am comfortable talking about her, and i think pregnancy loss is something people should feel more freely to talk about. c) It reminds (well reminded me, I have the most fantastic DP and love of my life now) me to never ever end up with a douchebag like her father ever again. I value myself and my children more than that. And that the greatest loss from experiencing a tragedy is that nothing is learnt.
    Beautiful tribute to violet. Hugs hugs hugs

I only have dd at the moment and newbie on the way we have a list of 3 extra names that we have long since planed and they all have a little image I could get to symbolize them next to their name (a flower, maple leave, a boat and a tree) I has always wanted them those little images too. But we have extra names that have moved to the list that I don't think have images connected to them