+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Chords View Post
    I think it can look amazing or tacky depending on the person/style of tattoo/who did the tattoo.
    I agree!
    What looks tacky to me might be considered a work of art to someone else.
    I have loads of tattoos, the most recent being my 7wk old DS's footprint on the back of my leg (his actual footprint - It's so cute!)
    I understand that someone else might consider it odd or tacky or whatever but I don't care, I didn't get it done for anyone else, it's just for me. So each to their own really

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a lot of tats, I am not into most I see though haha. I also dislike kids name tattoo's. That may be because the only ones I have ever seen are shocking and generally speaking the people that have them have interesting ideas on parenting in general.

I have vague plans on getting an actual size scrabble tile tattoed on me. With my son's initial. It would look like a photo of a 'H' scrabble tile. I however, have tattoos in wacky places and mine are particularly obscure. lol. The tile would fit in on my body quite well. I have a tea set (as in tea pot, saucers, tea cups) scattered all over my body. Amongst other things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I have my DD name tattoed on my wrist I love it and she loves it
    Friends of mine who lost Thier DD has pic of her tattoed on them and it helped/helps them every day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't read everyone's comments but if the tattoo means something to the person then that's all that matters.

I've got a tattoo of a cupcake and people always look at me confused and say "why a cupcake?" I got a cupcake because it reminds me that no matter what happens, you can't go on in life without your inner child still alive. It reminds me that I won't live my life for others.

I don't think any tattoo is tacky as long as the person has it for the right reasons. Tattoos are for you and only you. People who get them because they want to be "cool" or impress other people, they're the tacky tatts.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (30-01-2012),jemmajam  (31-01-2012),Nmgb  (30-01-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    It really depends.

We {DH and I} know a really tacky bogan chick that just got her kid's name on her.
    She spent a good hour on Christmas Eve telling everyone the great design she's thought up, how the artist will do beautiful swirls and fancy text, and the flowers that she found on google that "look like sunshine"...and how she refuses to be "ripped off" paying $300+, and she found this friend of a friend who'll do it for $100, from armpit to under her hip.

Well she posted the pictures on FB a week later.

It's two giant wonky green sticks {stems} with wonky solid orange balls on top {dandelions} that have small wonky butterflies flying around them, with wonky swirls weaving in and out.
    The swirls are that type of drawing where you can tell that the artist was drawing a long line, stopped to adjust the pen, and kept going, but the continuing line is broken and overlapping. It's exactly like handing a four year old a thick pencil and telling him to draw a metre-long line.
    It's overlapped and changes in thickness and shades about every 3 inches along this torso-length tattoo.

The kid's name is spelled wrong "Emely" {it's Emily} and the pictures of three day's healed, the tattoo site is red and swollen around the edges and is still weeping.
    I think it's on it's way to a good infection.

It's an absolute disaster, and of course all of her trashy bogan friends are commenting "OMG tell me were ur artist is!" and "that looks amazing!"
    She noticed the misspelled name on the third day and is still going back to the same artist to do the kid's portrait on her shoulder, because he's cheap

I've easily spent about $4000 on my chestpiece, sleeve and half sleeve combined, the actual figure is probably a grand or two higher.
    She sneers at me spending that amount, but at least I'm not stuck with THAT for my entire life, and I've already won $3,100 in tattoo competition payouts with my chestplate alone.
    now i need to see pictures ^_^

edit* of yours! not of hideous backyard tats

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (30-01-2012),Nmgb  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a tattoo of a teddy bear with 2 love hearts ( one for each of my kids) i do like names of kids as tattoos - the way i see it i would never get a partners name tattooed on me - they come and go ( sometimes) but children are for life

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a fan of tattoos in general, and children's names are no different. I think if I were to 'get inked' i would choose something symbolic rather than a name. The rose that didnt get to bloom was a beautiful idea and often a symbol holds much more personal and rich meaning than a simple name.

Like others have said, each to their own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    It really depends.

We {DH and I} know a really tacky bogan chick that just got her kid's name on her.
    She spent a good hour on Christmas Eve telling everyone the great design she's thought up, how the artist will do beautiful swirls and fancy text, and the flowers that she found on google that "look like sunshine"...and how she refuses to be "ripped off" paying $300+, and she found this friend of a friend who'll do it for $100, from armpit to under her hip.

Well she posted the pictures on FB a week later.

It's two giant wonky green sticks {stems} with wonky solid orange balls on top {dandelions} that have small wonky butterflies flying around them, with wonky swirls weaving in and out.
    The swirls are that type of drawing where you can tell that the artist was drawing a long line, stopped to adjust the pen, and kept going, but the continuing line is broken and overlapping. It's exactly like handing a four year old a thick pencil and telling him to draw a metre-long line.
    It's overlapped and changes in thickness and shades about every 3 inches along this torso-length tattoo.

The kid's name is spelled wrong "Emely" {it's Emily} and the pictures of three day's healed, the tattoo site is red and swollen around the edges and is still weeping.
    I think it's on it's way to a good infection.

It's an absolute disaster, and of course all of her trashy bogan friends are commenting "OMG tell me were ur artist is!" and "that looks amazing!"
    She noticed the misspelled name on the third day and is still going back to the same artist to do the kid's portrait on her shoulder, because he's cheap

I've easily spent about $4000 on my chestpiece, sleeve and half sleeve combined, the actual figure is probably a grand or two higher.
    She sneers at me spending that amount, but at least I'm not stuck with THAT for my entire life, and I've already won $3,100 in tattoo competition payouts with my chestplate alone.
    That ticks me off. People who say "I don't want to pay $X. That's too expensive! I found a guy who can do it for $100." Yes, but then you're paying for a **** tattoo!!!! A backyard tattoo. Some people don't know what a good tattoo is if it hit them in the face. Tattoos are expensive because the artist is good enough to charge an arm and a leg. I pay $280 an hour for my tattoo artist and I walk out of there with a smile and compliments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    I haven't read everyone's comments but if the tattoo means something to the person then that's all that matters.

I've got a tattoo of a cupcake and people always look at me confused and say "why a cupcake?" I got a cupcake because it reminds me that no matter what happens, you can't go on in life without your inner child still alive. It reminds me that I won't live my life for others.

I don't think any tattoo is tacky as long as the person has it for the right reasons. Tattoos are for you and only you. People who get them because they want to be "cool" or impress other people, they're the tacky tatts.
    My girlfriend and I got tattoos together after uni. She got a cupcake on her butt and I got a my little pony on mine. I got it because I have always loved my little pony since I was 2 or 3. I also grew up in the country riding horses. So my tattoo is a tribute to my wonderful childhood. It's also super-cute

I will be getting a tattoo of DDs newborn handprint on my shoulderblade at some stage in the future

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nudge88 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All this talk of tattoos makes me want another one!! I like them! Dh has dd's name above an eternity symbol on his chest and we have each-others names. We did that the day after our wedding!! The guy who did it said he can easily change dh's name to 'a$$hole' if we separate! Hehe
    I really want to get my dd somewhere and have been tossing up whether to get it on my wrist (inside) or somewhere only I can see. For people with names on wrists is it easy to cover up if needed? Dd's name is only 3 letters long so it would be tiny enough!