+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    They are just like the My Family stickers to me.....
    both overdone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't like name tattoos. If I wanted a Tattoo to Signify DD it wouldn't be her name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really want to get a tattoo for my kids but really can't think of what pic to get that represents them so I'm thinking I might get there DOB's on my wrist in roman numerals so that when I look at them I know what it means but other people don't unless they ask whats it mean.
    I hope that makes sense!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    I'm not a fan, but that is probably because my ex is covered in tattoos and has all the boys names on him in huge letters. And he's seen them 3 times in the past 18 months...
    Ugh, I know so many guys like this. It's like their great demonstration of love... ~gag~

Sorry their dad's such a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    They are just like the My Family stickers to me.....
    Lol, this sums it up for me.

I dislike the concept even more when it's written crooked by a cheap tattooist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't mind either way on others but I do have my sons name on my foot and I love it. My favorite poem is Footprints which is the reason for it being there. It's my only tattoo that can't be hidden cause I have no need to hide anything about my child

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I got a tattoo of a rosebud above my left breast over my heart near after I lost my first Dd - I chose a rose bud as she never got the chance to bloom. The tattoo artist asked what would I do if I lost another child, or another ten and I replied that I'd carry them all even if I ended up with a whole bunch of flowers. As for the men who get tats of their kids but forget to be a father, well that speaks volume about them not their tatts. What I don't understand is when people get tattoos of their dogs and cats

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (30-01-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    each to their own.

but its not for me. i have many tattoos but they aren't my children's names.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    I got a tattoo of a rosebud above my left breast over my heart near after I lost my first Dd - I chose a rose bud as she never got the chance to bloom. The tattoo artist asked what would I do if I lost another child, or another ten and I replied that I'd carry them all even if I ended up with a whole bunch of flowers. As for the men who get tats of their kids but forget to be a father, well that speaks volume about them not their tatts. What I don't understand is when people get tattoos of their dogs and cats
    I guess some people feel that their animals are their babies too and want to honour them? Not my thing personally, but I get why someone would do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meh not my thing but then I do know lots of people with great tattoos that include their children's names. I think it can look amazing or tacky depending on the person/style of tattoo/who did the tattoo. Honestly though I do not care what other people do with their bodies and it would never influence how I treat them. If everyone was the same it would be a terribly boring world.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It really depends.

We {DH and I} know a really tacky bogan chick that just got her kid's name on her.
    She spent a good hour on Christmas Eve telling everyone the great design she's thought up, how the artist will do beautiful swirls and fancy text, and the flowers that she found on google that "look like sunshine"...and how she refuses to be "ripped off" paying $300+, and she found this friend of a friend who'll do it for $100, from armpit to under her hip.

Well she posted the pictures on FB a week later.

It's two giant wonky green sticks {stems} with wonky solid orange balls on top {dandelions} that have small wonky butterflies flying around them, with wonky swirls weaving in and out.
    The swirls are that type of drawing where you can tell that the artist was drawing a long line, stopped to adjust the pen, and kept going, but the continuing line is broken and overlapping. It's exactly like handing a four year old a thick pencil and telling him to draw a metre-long line.
    It's overlapped and changes in thickness and shades about every 3 inches along this torso-length tattoo.

The kid's name is spelled wrong "Emely" {it's Emily} and the pictures of three day's healed, the tattoo site is red and swollen around the edges and is still weeping.
    I think it's on it's way to a good infection.

It's an absolute disaster, and of course all of her trashy bogan friends are commenting "OMG tell me were ur artist is!" and "that looks amazing!"
    She noticed the misspelled name on the third day and is still going back to the same artist to do the kid's portrait on her shoulder, because he's cheap

I've easily spent about $4000 on my chestpiece, sleeve and half sleeve combined, the actual figure is probably a grand or two higher.
    She sneers at me spending that amount, but at least I'm not stuck with THAT for my entire life, and I've already won $3,100 in tattoo competition payouts with my chestplate alone.