+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default What is your opinion on tattoos of childrens names? Like? Hate?

So many parents these days have their childrens names tattooed on them. What do you think of this?

Do you think it honours the child/ren? Tacky? Has special meaning? Corny? Spiritual? Bogan? beautiful? Helps you remember their names? (that's said tongue in cheek)

Does the placement of said tattoo(s) change your overall opinion? For example, a child's name tattoed above the bottom?

Just curious to hear what others think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tattaoos on anyone does not change my opinion on the person the are just cosmetic, i personally like tattoos of childrens names and will be getting mine shortly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I feel indifferent about them. They don't bother me but i don't love them either. Some look really great and others do look tacky, like any other tattoo really.
    DH has DD's initials and i think it is nice

ETA: When i say tacky i am referring to the design of the tattoo not the sentiment behind it. I do not think less of anyone with tattoos (i have them myself )
    Last edited by MothersMilk; 03-11-2011 at 13:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP recently got a portrait of our DD and her name. I think it's beautiful as no matter how "grown up" she gets, she will always be his baby girl.

He also plans on doing this for all subsequent children we have. I think in the photo used, she was 11 months.

I want to get her name tattooed on me, but I'm chicken s&*t. Haha

Brain, brain, gone away, will come back another day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both my sons names and birthdates are tattooed on me, it represents motherhood to me and no i don't think it is tacky and tattooes in general don't change my opinion about a person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bugs Mummy View Post
    Tattaoos on anyone does not change my opinion on the person the are just cosmetic, i personally like tattoos of childrens names and will be getting mine shortly.
    Maybe I should have worded it 'what do you think of the 'cosmetic' appearance of childrens names as tattoos?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH has his son's name over his heart in a beautiful script.
    I think it's a personal and touching tribute to someone who will always be his little man.
    It's not my thing so I wouldn't do it to myself but hey, if a person wants to do it, then who am I to call it tacky?

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i think it's a lovely sentiment, but i never intend to get a tattoo myself, not even of my future kids' names. i won't go into the reasons why here.

eta: my mum could have done with it though.. she always got our names mixed up. still does. used to always call my youngest sibling by the dog's name because he's an animal lover and spent a lot of time with said dog. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive always said if i EVER got a tattoo it would only be of my children because it truly means something unlike alot of ppl i know who go to bali and just get tupid little pics co they cold get it for free. myself dont see the need in tattoos but if i ever did, that would be my one and only option. or if my parents passed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love them My DH has our son's name and date of birth tattooed on his forearm and it looks great.