+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    Good to know that this seems to be the case, like I said in my post it didn't seem fair. I will have to look into it further before I take your word for it, because I was just repeating what my agent said to me when I called at the start of this year 2 weeks before the end of my lease. They said it was expected that we would be out by the end of the lease if we hadn't signed the new contract, as it is deemed the end of out lease, and she was sorry she hadn't sent the contract out yet, could I come and sign in the office. So maybe she was lying to cover her mistake we are still at the same place in any case so I don't know. She also said it was written in our lease agreement but I haven't checked. Maybe I should read it

Inbetween on your success. Good to have a plan to get out of there now though. I wonder if the owner will fire the agent if the owner was telling the truth about not knowing why he is there? Will be interesting...
    Aha - I see now why you thought that!! I've been told a lot of things by dodgy real estate agents. I generally make it a habit not to trust them, but we seem to have an ok mob this time around. I would say she was thinking on her feet & that was the best she could come up with, or she's terrible at her job & has no idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I though that rent could be no more than 10% of the value if the property. We currently are renting I Do hate it can't put up pictures etc but we just cannot afford to buy on one wage our agent has been great and cannot complain but our last pm was a shocker we had a bee infestation and they were inside our house took then 4 days to get someone out as the pm was away after lots of calls and speaking to the actual manager finally something got done and if one of mt boys had gotten stung severly I would've sought legal action. I know there are alot of bad tenants out there and that gives good tenants a bad name and I can understand at times why landlords can abit reluctant in certain areas. I am in qld and I was told that a landlord had to give 8 wks notice to vacate

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who's the *******, Landlord or Agent?

Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    What issue were you going to raise at tribunal? Was my understanding that they were allowed to raise rent at the end of a lease?
    In Vic, they can raise it a certain amount during a lease with 3 months notice...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Puffin View Post
    I believe that info is for eviction, not about non-renewal of a contract.

Again, they do need to give you notice but not if your contract is ENDING, and you are re-signing a whole new rental contract. I believe the above is like if you have a 12 month lease, and 5 months into your lease they want to increase rent.

This message proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device. Beep beep.
    From RTA QLD:
    http://www.rta.qld.gov.au/Renting/~/...d-form17a.ashx
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ugh this is when renting well and truley sucks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Maybe the owners are not happy with the agent and are in the process of looking for another ???????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Great win for you Now you can relax and have your baby.

We are in QLD and we are landlords. We are moving back into our house and had to evict our tenants at the end of their lease, we still had to give them 2mths notice, even though its end of lease, we had to give them two months notice that we arnt renewing. If we didnt have to give that long, i wouldnt be staying in a caravan park with my kids for the next two weeks waiting for the end of lease.