+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Do you have a personal "style" that others just know is *you*?

I never really considered myself to have a personal style, until recently, because lately people keep saying, "yeah, that's more your style," or just generally commenting on my style. My dietician, someone who commented on my blog, etc etc.

So do you have a style? Or do you just kinda wear a mix of stuff and nobody could really pin-point what your style is?

What IS your style? It'll be interesting to see really...

FWIW, I think my style is kinda old-fashioned but in main****** way... not too costumey. I love pin-up/rockabilly stuff but wouldn't like the attention I got if I wore everything just as I wanted (tbh, I long for days, like in the 40s, where women wore hats and gloves regularly... lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think everyone has a style that makes them unique.

For me, I love girly clothes. Pretty skirts, feminine tops, that sort of thing.

However...my at home style is more like tracksuit pants and a Lorna Jane tshirt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I sometimes feel weird that I don't have a style, I just dress very main******...

I think that it's mostly because of lack of options where I live, and if you stepped out in something left of centre you would be looked at and made to feel like a weirdo.

I do however try to dress all my normal clothes up with nice beads, necklaces, chunky bracelets, etc etc... I try, but always feel less than glamorous lol.

This message proudly brought to you by Mumma Puffins portable telecommunication device. Beep beep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My style is: clean and covered up

I usually wear cute jeans or 3/4 length pants with a tee of some description.

To work I sometimes wear tailored dresses or high waisted skirts with a cute top and some kind of belt, but usually just jeans and a fitted top or my company shirt if I am meeting with clients.

If I had to describe it I would say minimalist and conservative.

I hate wearing jewellry, and I'm not big on accessories. I am heavily into scarves though. I have over 50. I think I have a problem lol.

ETA: if I can't roll down a hill or play an impromptu game of beach volleyball in it, I ain't wearing it
    Last edited by Shoopuf; 02-11-2011 at 16:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My style is "bag lady" needless to say I'm trying to branch out lol

Sassy - just from the pics I have seen around BH I would have described you as 50's pinup-esque! I would live to be able to pull that off, I'm thinking of just getting an old school pin up girl tattooed somewhere instead

Birdistheword is offline Frightened little child, bird is the word!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tights and an oversize t-shirt or band shirt. Coupled with strappy flats =) ALWAYS
    Last edited by Birdistheword; 02-11-2011 at 16:42.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually try to wear what suits my body type, (avarage weight, column shape) rather than following any particular style and trend. In fact, I tend to stay clear of items that are really "trendy", as what is really fashionable also quickly goes out of trend and looks dated.

I suppose you could say that my style is predominately casually feminine. I tend to gravitate towards casual 50s daydresses and skirts, and "bobo" sundresses. I also love rockabilly and pin-up clothes when dressed up. I love bold colours and prints, but also neutrals.

I also love jeans, but they need to be the perfect fit, and the ones I love are so expensive!

I used to wear a lot of chunky jewellery, but tend to wear less now that I have a toddler hanging off me!

I gotta be honest, though; since being a SAHM and being pregnant/breastfeeding for the last two years, the focus on my appearance has almost vanished, and I lack confidence in how I look these days.

Hence this thread
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...eed-your-Help*

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Danni~ View Post
    Sassy - just from the pics I have seen around BH I would have described you as 50's pinup-esque! I would live to be able to pull that off, I'm thinking of just getting an old school pin up girl tattooed somewhere instead
    Oh, Sassy: Pictures, pleeeeeeease!

Guest Guest
    I don't have one since having kids and gaining weight. It used to be jeans, feminine tops fitted and I like to layer. Never wore or wear dresses casually, I'm more into skirts and shorts, dressy clothes would be Alana Hill or I always bought something at Scanlan and Theodore, I miss those days.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yes, a most definite style. Pretty much everyday:

Vintage or vintage looking dress (50's-60's), with black tights and a black cardi, and either black boots or black ballet flats. It is so super easy to get dressed in the morning!