+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I don't actively participate, I'm Jewish by birth , spent 12 years in a christian school but am not a fan of organized religion , spent my 20,s "searching" for a religion I could believe in, and then realized religion is personal, I believe in my god, a nice one with no rules and regulations except treat everyone with respect regardless of religion/sexual orientation/race and if you do good things in this life you will have a good life next time! I do love and respect the Jewish traditions and history, not a fan of the hypocrisy of Christianity and love the art and history of Islam , love reading about the principles if buddhism
    This is me!

I consider myself a cultural Jew, but I'm not religious at all. Christmas is my favourite time of year and I eat bacon every sunday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkie View Post
    This is me!

I consider myself a cultural Jew, but I'm not religious at all. Christmas is my favourite time of year and I eat bacon every sunday
    Ha, Santa is my favorite person in the whole world but you can have your bacon , I've actually never tried it!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, im an athiest.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I gave religion a red hot go, tried a few different faiths, no god ever answered any of my prayers.

I decided religion was not for me and I am grateful my parents supported my religious exploration. I'm sure that it was probably a bit difficult to watch your 16 year old daughter go to the Mormon church every week

I also used to go to midnight mass with my mum but she lost her faith a few years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a Catholic and I go to church weekly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am a christian and practice the teachings (to the best of my ability) and talk/pray to God regularly but I don't go to church.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, did the Catholic thing as a kid. Due to a series of events that I won't go into here, I became one of the most religiously cynical people that you can imagine. So I've gone through my whole adult life believing in nothing.

This year, I discovered Buddhism. My choice to be vegetarian (there's a thread waiting to happen!) came before that but the rest of the teachings really spoke to me. I haven't gone to any temple or anything, and I don't know that I will. But I will continue to get a lot out of it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go to an Anglican church. I was never christened but my children are. I used to go every Sunday but now with two toddlers and the service being during there sleep time I only go a few times a year. I am hoping when they are older we can go regularly and they can go to Sunday school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was baptised, confirmed and went to an anglican school. Went to church regularly as a young child but it fell away to Xmas and Easter by the time I was 7/8. Once I left school I didn't go at all and am an athiest now.
    I'm hoping DD can go to my old school though, I'd like her to learn about different religions (and they were quite good about that there, teaching about different religions and the big bang theory etc as well), so that she can make her own decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was christened church of england (anglican now i think) when I was a baby. My parents are now both athiests (sp??)

Now I'm pg with my second child and am searching for something. I always watch 19 kids and counting with much admiration for believing in something greater. For me who has never been religious to fall pg was such a blessing that we never thought would happen once yet alone twice. But I don't know..

Is it a slippery slope to be interested and it escalating into something more like not believing in birth control?