+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, I'm a LDS convert, DH was born in the church.

We go to church most Sundays and live everyday life in accordance with the teachings as best we can. We're not 'Sunday Saints'.

I enjoy learning, scripture analysis, open discussion, community, having clear ideals for our life and having my husband held to a high standard as a father, husband, priesthood holder and man.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

share a book  (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    No a proud atheist here

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a born again christian, and am actually studying at bible college atm. We go to church just about every Sunday (missed three weeks, chickenpox and then gastro!). For us it goes beyond religion, for us tradition and ritual are nice reminders but a personal relationship and faith is what we focus on.
    I've been really fortunate to grow up in a multicultural area and have friends from all sorts of religions, cults and philosophies, I hope my DS is able to get the same life education from his peers as I did.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mumsies For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes i go to meetings (like church i guess) every Wed night and every Sunday. We do family worship (study at home) and pre study for our meetings (book study and bible reading) and go out witnessing from door to door at least once a week (saturday and sometimes Thurs mornings) giving people the opportunity to learn about the bible and Gods coming kingdom as Jesus instructed his followers to do For me its my whole life and purpose..... I am a Jehovahs Witness incase u hadnt guessed lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Reina83  (21-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't. I used to attend church, youth group and sunday school when I was younger (my choice not my parents as they never believed) however I 'lost' my belief.

I no longer believe however I don't push that onto my children, if they ask me I tell them both sides....some people believe some people don't. When they ask me why I don't believe I tell them why and I also tell them that there was once a time when I did.

I give them the choice when the letters from school come home about the religious teachings...if they want to do the classes I am ok with that but I am also ok with them not, same as the events and such as the local churches (kids groups) I let them decide, my only rule is that should they decide they believe and want to go to church etc they are not to lecture me about it because I have heard it before and I have made my choice

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kmetius For This Useful Post:

Reina83  (21-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm LDS (Mormon), I love Jesus, my family is everything to me. Life is good, not always, but I feel that God has been there for me, especially through other people. I enjoy Church but mostly as I work with the children - they are so cute, naughty, inspiring, faithful, inquisitive etc. I will mostly try to encourage my chilren to be good people - to have good manners, treat others well and be good citizens. I will raise them as LDS but I will encourage them to find truth for themselves - as we all have to do.
    P.S. I totally believe in science too. I believe that one day, what scientists believe and what religious people believe will merge. I believe that the 'big bang' and the creation are not too different. I'll leave you with that cheeky thought

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i am an organist at a church, i play every other week. so whilst i'm not there every single week i do consider myself active in churchgoing. or whatever you want to call it.
    it is a liberal catholic church, which i actually quite like. the services have a pretty rigid structure but the church itself is very open and accepting and doesn't feel the need for strict rules about everything. for example they have no issue with me being gay. which for a congregation that is, for the most part, over 70, is pretty damn awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm what I call myself a born again Christian. I go every Sunday to a baptist church with my DH and DD tho I don't put myself in any particular denomination. I pray to God, I read my bible and have a weekly bible 'small group' with a bunch of my friends. I don't shout my faith from the rooftop but I don't hide it either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We go to church pretty much every week. I sing in a band there, teach Sunday school once a month and we attend a bible study/support/friendship group once a fortnight. We are actively involved. It's a crucial aspect of our life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a Christian and I go to church weekly. I'm involved in lots of stuff at church and also lead a weekly bible study group in my home.

My faith and my relationship with God is the most important part of my life.