+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I actively avoid religion - so I could be classed as an active atheist?

In all seriousness though, I am not religious in any way, shape or form, but have known plenty of people who are actively a part of a religious community.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

share a book  (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No. I was booted out of religious studies in year 4 after continuously asking questions the preacher couldn't answer. They asked me not to return, lol.

I'm very skeptical of religion. If that's what gets you through then each to their own but I certainly believe in science over religion.

I also do not believe that 9/11 was a religious attack, for many many many reasons that I will not go in to otherwise I'll turn this into a debate.

Having said that - I will not force my views on my own son, if he's interested in attending then I shall let him and advise him to make up his own mind in what he believes, though I will have to protest if he asks me to take him to church -my mother took us to church and left because she was continuously hounded week after week to 'donate'. If that's what he wants to do then I will find a family friend who is happy to take him and answer any of his questions but it's not something I can personally participate in

4. The Following User Says Thank You to remembertobreathe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a Catholic however I don't go to church regularly. I pray very often though and that's enough for me. I'm really open to other religions and at school (Catholic) religious studies was about religion as a whole, not just Catholicism. I find other religions intriguing. Dh was brought up as a Buddhist which I think is lovely and I think partly why he's so calm!

Eta: Just realized that I go more often to spiritualist church (where you get psychic readings done amongst other things) than catholic!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remembertobreathe View Post

I also do not believe that 9/11 was a religious attack, for many many many reasons that I will not go in to otherwise I'll turn this into a debate.
    Oh go on I would be fascinated to hear your thoughts! DH mate at the party on the weekend was going into conspiracy theories about it but I don't really know much about them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I go to church, prayer meetings.
    I worship and praise Jesus everyday.
    I pray everyday.
    I LOVE HIM.

NOT because I have to.....because I don't, I have FREE WILL!!

I believe Jesus is the one true son of God and that he died on the cross for all my sins once and for all. I no longer have sin. I am free.

I don't call myself religious at all, as religion is something that you 'practise' per say and Jesus is real to me, he talks to me in many ways and he is my best friend, lover, husband, father, mother, sister. He is everything. My saviour.

The best thing about it for me is knowing that I AM loved unconditionally with no bounds, no jugement and that he has saved me from sin and I will be with him for all eternity. Also he makes life so easy, so free and so happy, i'm never alone.

This is for everyone if they only asked of him, he would show himself to you.

XO

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jenrose For This Useful Post:

LoveyDovey  (05-11-2011),MissPoss  (21-11-2011),Reina83  (21-11-2011),share a book  (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes but I never push it onto other people. I will pray for people if they as k but only if they sp ecifically as k it of me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Reina83  (21-11-2011)

A Party of Five is offline Winner 2008 � Most Boring Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My family is Catholic and we try and attend church every Sunday. Our children attend a Catholic school and will do so for the rest of their school life. We like how we now have two families, our own family and our church/school family. I like knowing that if there is something hat my children feel like that they can not talk to us about the have there other family to talk too.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to A Party of Five For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes I do, As a family (minus dd1 as she has made the decision that she doesn't want to believe so she doesn't go) we go to church every week, hubby is on the board on the church.
    Hubby has the qualifications to be a pastor but isn't working as one at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. Not religious at all. DH had a VERY full on religious up bringing and now hates it.

We both believe in science, evolution, big bang ect.