+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no! The clothes on these webpages are either too expensive, or too "young" and impractical for me! I might have to have a browse in the local op-shops and ebay again.

Am I bound to continue to wear my "Hello Kitty"get-up from nineteen-hundred-and-ninety-eight, or my prudish "pastor's wife" attire from the ninth month of pregnancy? Please say it isn't soo!

Oh, the future is looking swell...
    Last edited by MuminMind; 02-11-2011 at 15:07.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Really? what price range were you looking at?

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How embarrassing! I suppose I am so used to buying cheap clothes from Tree of Life, Target & Kmart, as well as op shops and ebay, (preloved) that I have unreasonable expectations.

I am mainly after skirts, dresses and tops that I can BF in! Approximately up to $50 per piece. I am so cheap atm!

I would ideally go for a nice fit, good quality and originality; but am not in a financial position at the moment.

Thanks for your help, though!
    Last edited by MuminMind; 02-11-2011 at 15:25.

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Op, I'm tight with clothes so just wait for ebay bargains. I got a nice 200 dress with tags recently for 50. It photographed terribly which made it cheaper.

it's harder work and lots of looking, but you do save a lot.

I also buy vintage dresses off ebay, often for 20-30.

Sorry, this isn't actually giving you any new advice, but I guess confirmation that you may have to keep doing what you already do in that price range.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not being cheap at all - i wouldn't spend any more any $50 a piece either (much less usually). I find heaps of stuff cheaper than that at asos that aren't too young but i guess it all comes down to personal taste. Did you make sure you were looking in the clearance section?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Another completely random eBay tip for getting things more cheaply - search a slightly misspelt version of the brand. So 'veronica maine' instead of 'veronika maine'.

No guarantee but you will sometimes find items that noone else has because the person listing them cant spell.

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyB View Post
    Another completely random eBay tip for getting things more cheaply - search a slightly misspelt version of the brand. So 'veronica maine' instead of 'veronika maine'. No guarantee but you will sometimes find items that noone else has because the person listing them cant spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Did you make sure you were looking in the clearance section?
    Really great advice, both of you! I'll keep looking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    They have a bunch of clothes on sale at Pinup Girl Clothing right now, with dresses about $50. http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/vin...hrisgifid.html Of course, it does depend if they have your size left. They're also overseas, so postage is more, but if you've got a friend in the US they may be able to get it and send it to your cheaper than if you have the website send you stuff.

Asos has an Aust website now too and tend to be fairly cheap.

Otherwise, I'd just check out sales tbh.

Often Target and Portmans will have clothes in the styles you mention (I'm pretty much into a slightly old-fashioned look too). Portmans have stuff online.

Etsy might be a place to look too - they have plenty of things that are vintage (or vintage repro).