+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default New Wardrobe *Need your Help*

I look into my wardrobe every morning, and the sight is enough for me to want to go straight back to bed! So to all you fashionable laydeez in here! I would like to reinvent myself, with a little help from you!

I've been pregnant or breastfeeding for the last 2 1/2 years, so my clothes are either enormous, or from a pre-baby era (short skirts, cocktail dresses, t-shirts with slightly childish motifs, etc) and not particularly representative of who I am today. I used to love getting dressed, but these days I only look nice when I’m doing something out of the ordinary. At home I tend to wear really casual clothes, and I would like to make more of an effort.

It is an absolute pain to go shopping with two kids, so online-shopping is the way to go for me. (PS: I’m poor)

So, do anyone have any great web pages to recommend, apart from ebay? I suppose you could say that my style is sort of retro 40s- 50s-60s-70s, but also casual modern. I love a-line dresses and skirts, and am not afraid of colour.

Love from the daggy doll!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    asos is pretty good for bargains (and has free shipping). They have all sorts of clothes so i'm sure you will find things you like

Modcloth is awesome for retro type stuff, i love their clothes but the shipping costs are quite high - you can find stuff cheap though so worth a look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ASOS and TopShop are great and cheap. Plus I'm pretty sure shopping to Oz is free with both of them. ASOS also allows you to have prices listed in AUD so you also know exactly how much you're spending.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Subscribing

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, ladies! I will check them out right this second!

Anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know you said "other than ebay", but have you checked out their Fashion Gallery? I think it has only launched in the last few weeks - brands like Mimco and Witchery list old season stuff at enormous discounts. It's like an online outlet store - so you aren't buying from private sellers, but from the brand itself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Birdsnest!! It's awesome!!!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i second modcloth! Shipping wasn't too bad, i think it's a flat rate. Not worth it if you're only getting one or two things, but i bought 6 dresses for $300 plus $30 shipping. They're not wonderful quality (they're ok quality but not lined or anything) but they're unbeliebably cute, and still cheap for what they are.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (02-11-2011)

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Birdsnest!! It's awesome!!!
    Awesome! I hereby have my own style guide! Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with Asos and Topshop. I tend to buy fewer but more expensive clothes that last longer.