+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Are you sure they share in yr one? my DS had to share everything in kindy/pre-primary but in yr1 everything was labeled with his name and I had to buy 2 lots because one is a back up for when the first one runs out. then a note is sent home to ask you to buy more to replace the back up. Have had to buy 4 more lots of coloured pencils (someone enjoys sharpening ), 2 lots of crayons and 1 tub of glue.
    Kids, eh!
    I asked her current teacher when i got tge new list todsy and she said yes tgey do for yr 1 and prep.

But suppose she could be wrong, il ask the office tomorrow when i pay for her excursion.

I hope she is wrong! I feel sorry tgat some kids cant get all tgeir supplies but i can not tgrow away money all year and have my family miss out on tgings.

Surely there is someone tgey can talk to to get help with getting tgeir child what tgey need.

You know i just thought... I wonder how many of tgese parents are crying poor just so they can get free stuff.

I wonder if tgese parents feel bad when they see my childs name on their kids "free" books.

I do everything the way tge school asks - like going tgrough tgeir book company, tge correct uniform, correct colored hair ties, hair bands, hat, socks shoes and so on.

I go with out just to follow tgeir requests, but if some one is having money probs and cant afford tge schools booklist, why cant tgey go to kmart and buy 60cent books,

Aghhh sorry its just so frustrating, not just tgese parents but just the whole money problems in aus. All prices go up yet our job pay does not.

And how do they expect people with serious money probs to be able to afford everytging at such high costs.

Uniforms are crazy expensive, and so on. Thankgod i got to girls, hopefully my dd2 doesnt grow to fast because she will be wearing dd1s uniforms as she grows out (so long as tgeir still in good shape

Thanks
    Reviews
    That doesn't sound right. Not saying that it's not what's happening but if there is a shared system in place at your school, it sounds as if the teacher isn't managing it very well at all.

I'd talk to the teacher and ask why other children are being given your daughters personalised books. I'd also explain that you can't afford to supply extras for other children and that you are labelling all of your child's stationery items and want them kept at her desk/in her tray and used by her only.

If you're not happy with the teacher's response, ask for an appointment with the principal.

You should not have to supply THAT much extra stuff. They should be expecting you to supply enough for your child only and if there truly are that many children whose parents can't afford to supply, perhaps they could consider sending a friendly note home requesting that parents send in an extra packet of pencils or paper or whatever they can afford to help out those children, if possible. But it should be a request and NOT an expectation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At our school it's 250 for the year. On their firs t d ay of the year they collect all their books which they bring home to be covered. Each term they are given a fresh s et of pencils and all crayons and rubbers and new homework book + whatever else they need. All I have to send her with is a school bag and her lunch. The rest is provid ed. That's not a public school thoug h. We have a choice to cover the books in clear contact which the school can supply us with or another type of our choice that we buy ours elves . We have to take in a box of tis sues and a 6 pack of toilet rolls each term. The toilet rolls are given to the office but the tiss ues are taken to the classroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSky View Post
    That doesn't sound right. Not saying that it's not what's happening but if there is a shared system in place at your school, it sounds as if the teacher isn't managing it very well at all.

I'd talk to the teacher and ask why other children are being given your daughters personalised books. I'd also explain that you can't afford to supply extras for other children and that you are labelling all of your child's stationery items and want them kept at her desk/in her tray and used by her only.

If you're not happy with the teacher's response, ask for an appointment with the principal.

You should not have to supply THAT much extra stuff. They should be expecting you to supply enough for your child only and if there truly are that many children whose parents can't afford to supply, perhaps they could consider sending a friendly note home requesting that parents send in an extra packet of pencils or paper or whatever they can afford to help out those children, if possible. But it should be a request and NOT an expectation.
    Ours dont have desks or trays, just a a few curved tables (5 to a table)

Is that normal? Im hoping next yr tgey have tgeir own desks and tidy trays so all her stuff can stay with her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Ours dont have desks or trays, just a a few curved tables (5 to a table)

Is that normal? Im hoping next yr tgey have tgeir own desks and tidy trays so all her stuff can stay with her
    I would say that is how it normally is.

When my DS was in prep they had those hexagon shaped tables set up that they sat in groups around.
    This year they had individual desks with a tidy tray each. Nothing was shared. Each child provided their own books. I think the most annoying thing about is DS brought home all the books they hadn't used this year. Its was at least half of what we had to buy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Our is a bit over $120 for year 1 as well.

I'm not really impressed. Apparently she needs FORTY HB pencils. Yes, lead pencils. Forty of them. Is she expected to lose about 1 a week?

Luckily, our booklist says we are to label everything. Not that it means they won't be shared though - this happened with prep as well (the list said to name everything) but I got to school to find everything was pooled. Made me feel annoyed I'd purchased some slightly better items for my daughter to use... because it wasn't HER would be using them.

Honestly, I'd rather pay fees and have them supply the cr*p that all the other kids are going to use as well... and just buy the items that DD is only going to use unless she decides to share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep at our school the children in Years 1 to 3 use up on average a 12 pack each per term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm feeling lucky reading this. My DD is in year 1 this year and all I paid for was a $20 maths book and we have to supply all her pens/pencils and her homework book. Apparently year 2 is different though, scared to see the book list for next year

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just got our book list for next year today. My son will be year 1 and it is $173!!!!! Then we have to also give 2 boxes of tissues, 1 pack of wipes and a bottle of liquid soap!
    I nearly fell off my chair when I read the cost

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    At our school it is all included in the school fee's. All pencils pens, book etc are provided by the school up to grade 7. Grade eight is a list but i normally can do it for around $50 a kid. Text books for high school are on a hire system of 70 a year.