+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy My body is confusing me

Hi. My name is Amanda, I am 24, me and my partner have been TTC for our 1st child for about 7 months. It gets really hard seeing negatives all the time. But the last few months I really had my hopes up- Now my cycles are really regular- except when I went off the pill- i was about 2 weeks late (maximum) for 2 cycles. Then went back to being regular.
    Then I had my last cycle on the 7th of August 2011, and was due for my next cycle on the 3rd of September (27 day cycle) but I got all excited cos I was late, even though I was getting negatives, was reading up about false negatives. And I skipped my period for 3 months, and was not til yesterday that I finally got my period. I am not that disappointed or anything, mainly just relieved I have answers, But I have never ever skipped an entire period- let alone 3 like I just did. Everyone kept saying go to the doctors but I was too scared to, because I was getting negatives at home, and I did a blood test when I was two weeks late- which was negative of course and the doctor told me to come back in December if I had not gotten my period yet. I was having many symptoms of pregnancy too, which was really confusing- I was bloated, had cramps (this was weeks ago), Excess discharge, frequent urination (not a urinary tract infection), sensitivity to smells, some nausea, frequent mild headaches, Moodiness, more emotional and for a week I had sensitive nipples, and my breasts have gotten bigger! so I really have no idea why I had all those symptoms plus the obvious- no period. then got my period yesterday (30th October). I am worried that 80 something days will now be my new cycle, but now I'll have no idea when to test, I wont know when i am late or not. I am really over seeing negatives, and part of me doesn't want to TTC any more because its taking its toll on me emotionally.
    I also am scared to go to the doctors cos I am terrified they will tell me I am unable to have children, or have PCOS or something. I havent told anyone that, but everyone keeps telling me "go to the doctors" but I don't want to say the real reason as to why i don't want to. It's just really hard, especially having so many people around me pregnant (My house mate is actually pregnant- almost 39 weeks.. but I am more excited for her and for the baby to be born then be anywhere near jealous or anything)
    I don't think I have a question or anything, just really needed a vent, and explain my situation. I find it so odd that I skipped 3 periods, when nothing has ever happened like that for me, latest I ever have been was 2 weeks- and that was straight after coming off the pill. But It was exactly 12 weeks between cycles for me.
    Anyways thats about all. lol
    Amanda

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    U need to see the dr. Pcos is not as bad as everyone makes out to be it just makes it difficult to conceive.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh I'm hearing u! I'm only at 7.5 weeks atm but all negative hpt and a neg blood test. Iv been regular all yr and when I ttc, af totally disappears. All I can think is that I'm stressed out with ttc which is making irregular.

I hope u can find some answers for ur situation. Answers u can work with so u can get the bfp ur wanting. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you definitely need to see your doctor or go straight to a gyno and get yourself checked out.

I'm the same age as you and I've been TTC for 11 months. I've had 1 mc early on and since then my cycles have been very irregular. I've been seeing my GP from the get go and I have an appointment to see a FS in December. It's much better to get yourself checked out to make sure that everything is working the way it should be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, just an update.
    I am pregnant
    I actually conceived after that cycle i posted about.
    I am 12 weeks pregnant, very happy. got to see my baby at my 1st antenatal appointment because of my crazy periods so they wanted to do a scan to find out how far along I am, I have my 2nd scan on Wednesday.
    I found out Christmas Eve, took a test for the sake of it, and was shocked when it came up positive instantly!!
    Last edited by amandah1987; 04-02-2012 at 02:29. Reason: wrong information

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    aww it's great to hear about positive outcomes from people who've had trouble.
    Congratulations!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh awesome! Thanks for updating us!!