+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Student midwife looking to build supportive relationships during your journey

Hi Mums/Mums to be,

I am currently studying my 3rd year of nursing and midwifery at the University of Queensland. The degree requires students to follow women throughout their pregnancy. Follow through experiences provides midwifery students with an opportunity to support women and their families through their pregnancy, birthing and postnatal period. These experiences are essential for student midwives to develop their skills and expand their knowledge.

Understandably, the pregnancy journey is a very personal experience for yourself and your loved ones. My ambition is to provide you and your family with ongoing support and help you achieve a positive experience. The development of such supportive relationships is highly beneficial in both pregnancy and during the post partum period. The program allows continuity of care (a familiar face) and the development of a trusting and supportive relationship.

If you are interested (or know of someone who might be interested) and are birthing at a Brisbane (or surrounding area) hospital, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you!

Paige Bennet

paige.bennet@uqconnect.edu.au

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Extra support during your pregnancy and birth

Still looking for women in the Brisbane/Ipswich area who would like extra support during their pregnancy journey.

Please send me an email for more information at paige.bennet@uqconnect.edu.au

Look forward to hearing from you.

Paige
    (3rd year student midwife)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, im not sure whether it is just hospital births you are looking to follow but I am having a homebirth with shared care at Caboolture hospital and am interested I am due on the 18th May. Let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I live an hour out of Brisbane in the opposite direction to Caboolture and my course requires me to come along to some antenatal appointments etc. Thanks again, I would have loved to followed a lady having a homebirth. All the best for your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am now a 4th year student still looking for generous women to share their pregnancy journey with a keen midwifery student.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StudentMidwifePaige For This Useful Post:

Meegy  (22-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Which hospitals are you wanting to travel too? Just brisbane area or also the gold coast?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just the Brisbane and Ipswich area :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi - I am 6 weeks and having bub at Redlands Hospital....contact me if you are interested in talking further ~ Mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    we are due Nov 2012, and live on the north side of brisbane, i am a high risk pregnancy due to clotting disorders and weight. I expect all my appointments will be at the RBH and will be heavily monitored. If you are interested let me know and i will PM you my email.