+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC & 1st appointment at QFG next week!

Hi all,

I'm new to bubhub... This forum is great, have been reading for a few days now & decided it was time to join in!

My DP and I are very excited, we have our first appointment at QFG next Friday. We're seeing the FS, nurse, psych & donor sperm coordinator, great that they could fit it all in one day! I'm a little nervous about the unexpected but am very hopeful! I'm 28, never been on the pill before and am regular... Fingers crossed that all makes for a great chance of conception! My DP is 32 and so amazing & supportive... We're really looking forward to start the ttc journey together.

Look forward to hearing all of your journey's....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kemmy, welcome to bubhub. Wow, what an exciting journey ahead!

I'm fairly new to bubhub too, there is such amazing support and information available. It can be quite addictive though, lol.

My partner and I had our first appointment back in July, seems so long ago now. We also are going through QFG. The nurses are really helpful and our FS has been great (I'm a bit biased I received a BFP last week!!!). Are you getting your head around all the acronyms?? - there is a list somewhere on here.

We both found it quite daunting not really knowing what to ask and not knowing anyone going through it. Wish I'd come on to bubhub sooner, so ask away any questions so you both don't feel isolated through the process. Take your time with your FS and write down questions you may have before you go.

Congratulations for deciding to go down the path of TTC!! jali

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your bfp!!! That's amazing news

Still getting my head around the acronyms... Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today's the day! Feeling much anticipation, nerves & excitement!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you both go yesterday?? Long day and lots to take in.
    We both struggled with the counsellor telling us how to parent, a little too far ahead in the big picture at that time!!
    Are you comfortable with the doctor you have selected? That's important.
    Then to select a donor. I had a look through but ultimately let my partner decide in the end the characteristics of donor.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    jali

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jali,

Yes.... Big day! Much relief though, all is looking good for us hopefully. Of course it's an unknown because we've never tried to get pregnant before.

We saw Dr Marianne Ilbery, she was lovely and made us both feel really at ease. Seeing my ovaries on the ultrasound was really interesting! I was due to ovulate around that day and she was pleased with a 2cm follicle that she could see. I don't really understand it all too well yet but hopefully that's all a really good sign.

The QFG nurses were soooo lovely! We saw Julie and she was such a help, even telling us to go to Medicare & register as a family so we can reach the safety net together, something we didn't know we could do.

We agree with you re. the psych. He was actually trying to convince us to use a known donor but we had both already made the decision that we didn't feel comfortable with that. It just felt a lot like he was dotting the i's & crossing the t's really.

We were sent home with a selection of donors to choose from. There was one donor that really jumped out at us from the start, mainly due to his values and the essay he wrote. We've sent off our top 3 and just waiting to hear on Monday now.

How many vials did you purchase up front? That's the only thing we're a little undecided about right now?

We're hoping to try one go at IUI late Nov, early Dec and if we're not successful first try (fingers crossed we could be that lucky) we'll have a month off as Dr Ilbery is off in Jan, and try again in Feb.

How is everything going for you guys?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kemmy

Glad to hear you made it through the day, so much information to take in!

Sounds like it was good timing from your cycle point of view. It's great that you can go down the pathway of IUI - much less intrusive than IVF. I went straight into IVF due to my age and stats. to a successful first IUI.

We selected an Aussie donor therefore we didn't have to worry about number of vials, I think they put 5 in storage under the Aussie donor program. You can only access the Aussie donors if you go down the pathway of IVF (from memory there weren't very many Aussie donors compared to overseas donors). I think she suggested 2 vials with the overseas donors from memory. I hope you were able to get your first pick of donors!

You both must be so excited about your journey that you are about to go on. jali

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jali For This Useful Post:

Kemmy  (21-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been offline for a bit, so busy with work!
    Today is Cycle Day 1... We're getting very excited, we're keen to try IUI for the first time this cycle, fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kemmy

Excellent news you have been able to start your cycle. I don't know much about IUI cycles, hopefully not too many meds?? When do you have the IUI??

for a BFP with your cycle!

jali

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jali, had my first bloods this morning, have been asked to repeat my bloods again on Sat. Crossing our fingers for an insem on Mon! If I O before Mon we'll miss out this cycle as our FS is away. Doing the cycle drug free which is great! Hope all is going well for you two!!