+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks
    606
    Thanked
    724
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Oh geez.... here we go!

    Well dh and I did have both our sons done because it's what both of us believe in. We were educated, we had to sit through a session and have a talk with the dr and watch a video. We weren't worried or scared for our sons at all as we trusted the 30yrs experience our dr had performing the procedure without incident. Neither of our sons had any problems afterwards. Each to their own beliefs.
    You do know you're posting in an ANTI-RIC section yeah?

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lemmings For This Useful Post:

    Chocolate All Gone Now  (05-12-2011),elleandsam  (05-12-2011),Ulysses  (05-12-2011)

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    26,930
    Thanks
    2,736
    Thanked
    6,743
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Oh geez.... here we go!

    Well dh and I did have both our sons done because it's what both of us believe in. We were educated, we had to sit through a session and have a talk with the dr and watch a video. We weren't worried or scared for our sons at all as we trusted the 30yrs experience our dr had performing the procedure without incident. Neither of our sons had any problems afterwards. Each to their own beliefs.
    Regardless of whether or not you believe circumcision is right or wrong, it's silly to expect that there will be no complictions and to have NO worries in hte back of your mind.

    My daughter had her tonsils out. Plenty of kids have their tonsils out with no real problems - but bad stuff CAN happen.

    I had surgery recently and my doctor hasn't had anyone die from it yet - but it's a POSSIBILITY regardless.

    To go into ANY medical procedure and expect NO complications is naive and stupid.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

    emzluvbub  (05-12-2011),Witwicky  (05-12-2011)

  5. #43
    Ulysses's Avatar
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks
    1,455
    Thanked
    609
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yeah i agree there are risks in every procedure which is why you should always weigh up the requirement for the procedure vs the possible negative outcomes of it. but there is usually no need to circ. whereas tonsil removal is typically due to issues with the tonsils. So why take the obvious medical risk if there is no need to is probably what the OP is alluding to.

  6. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,687
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked
    4,057
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
    yeah i agree there are risks in every procedure which is why you should always weigh up the requirement for the procedure vs the possible negative outcomes of it. but there is usually no need to circ. whereas tonsil removal is typically due to issues with the tonsils. So why take the obvious medical risk if there is no need to is probably what the OP is alluding to.
    It's like taking babies tonsils out because they MIGHT have issues with them. In fact, I'd imagine the likelihood of needing your tonsils out is higher than needing your foreskin removed.

  7. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    586
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked
    41
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    It's like taking babies tonsils out because they MIGHT have issues with them. In fact, I'd imagine the likelihood of needing your tonsils out is higher than needing your foreskin removed.
    This!!!!

  8. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,600
    Thanks
    3,256
    Thanked
    4,044
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    It's like taking babies tonsils out because they MIGHT have issues with them. In fact, I'd imagine the likelihood of needing your tonsils out is higher than needing your foreskin removed.
    Agreed!

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Brisbane
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    21
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    It's like taking babies tonsils out because they MIGHT have issues with them. In fact, I'd imagine the likelihood of needing your tonsils out is higher than needing your foreskin removed.
    Agree!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

  10. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    14
    Reviews
    0
    Hi
    There, it is really great artical..and very scary story every baby is born perfect then why change perfection but at the same time I heared from some people they do circumcision to their son for medical reason .


    We looking for angel egg donor to find us to fulfill our dream
    Crescent

  11. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    southern adelaide
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    415
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Hi
    There, it is really great artical..and very scary story every baby is born perfect then why change perfection but at the same time I heared from some people they do circumcision to their son for medical reason .


    We looking for angel egg donor to find us to fulfill our dream
    Crescent
    The chances of a newborn being born with an issue that requires circumcision is very very low so I'm not sure any newborn circ would be truly medically required.

  12. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
    I hate it when you are advised to be respectful of other peoples beliefs…..I suppose we should let terrorists be..after all they believe what they are doing is ok & who are we to question to their beliefs?
    Did you just relate parents who circumcise with terrorists?????
    The anti-circ section kicking goals again.


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Near death experiences
    By squirrelex in forum General Chat
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 20-03-2013, 09:16
  2. Family death
    By claudiakathleen in forum Issues with Family Members
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 15:26
  3. The death penalty
    By Zombie_eyes in forum General Chat
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 13-07-2012, 23:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Shapland Swim Schools
Shapland's at participating schools offer free baby orientation classes once a month - no cost no catches. Your baby will be introduced to our "natural effects" orientation program develop by Shapland's over 3 generations, its gentle and enjoyable.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
ProSwim
ProSwim Rostrevor runs learn to swim classes for children and adults. Lessons are run during the Summer months (Oct-Mar). Our indoor centre at Plympton Park has lessons all year round, including school holidays.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!