+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    so sad that lil bubs have to go through pointless pain...and are at risk of dying

So often now i hear the reasoning that FOB is done and they want their lil boy to look like them...breaks my heart. I had the argument with exh (and won) but i know he got his other son done.

I really wish they could make it so it was only done if medically needed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

share a book  (29-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    Wow, only 8 minutes after I posted when the thread was still at the top of new posts. You "pros" are quick.

I don't see how the method makes much of a difference. Granted the plastibell is a clamp type thing and it is left attached (from the little I want to know about how the m********* of babies is performed). Whilst it may be a "safer" methed, it's not safe to amputate part of a babies body regardless of how it is done.

Great visual imagary you use to describe anti-circers too. Pitchforks and torches? Puh-lease! Equating us with a narrow minded, racist and violent group responsible for hate crime? We are advocates of no harm. Hardly a good example. I have never even heard of anti-circers protesting outside of circumcision clinics. Get a grip.
    Oh lord, the plastibell seems so nasty, watching your sons foreskin rot away I could not imagine changing my sons diaper to see rotting flesh .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (05-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sad. I have never contemplated getting my boys done. The thought of putting a baby through pain was enough for me not to even consider it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plastibell has its down falls too, http://www.drmomma.org/2009/11/massi...ody-after.html DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SQUIRMISH can be too much for some, PICTURES ARE GRAPHIC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    I really wish they could make it so it was only done if medically needed
    Me too I honestly can't believe it's still legal here... I don't get into the debates because I know I won't play fairly. But seriously, it's cosmetic surgery on a baby and it's legal! Wtf??

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (13-03-2012),Lovemyfam  (29-10-2011),MilkingMaid  (05-12-2011),MrJones&Me  (29-10-2011),trishalishous  (05-12-2011),Witwicky  (04-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bundymummy View Post
    Me too I honestly can't believe it's still legal here... I don't get into the debates because I know I won't play fairly. But seriously, it's cosmetic surgery on a baby and it's legal! Wtf??
    Wonder if I can get my kids a nose job bet that is not allowed or maybe it is

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

just her chameleon  (29-10-2011),RunningWithScissors  (29-10-2011),Witwicky  (04-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bundymummy View Post
    out of interest, is it illegal anywhere?
    i will never forget seeing a little boy in hopsital after being circ'd bawling his eyes out,wanting to go home but he couldnt until he passed urine and that was the last thing he wanted to do as his old fella hurt like crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It was never even discussed when we had DS, we both knew it was never something we'd do to our baby. I can't believe there are people who do this to their helpless, innocent newborn for no reason. It makes me all teary.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny88 For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (04-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    out of interest, is it illegal anywhere?
    i will never forget seeing a little boy in hopsital after being circ'd bawling his eyes out,wanting to go home but he couldnt until he passed urine and that was the last thing he wanted to do as his old fella hurt like crazy
    I dont think that it is for males but it is lots of places for females, why do we hold females so much higher then males

What breaks my heart is that here is a newborn, and he wants his mom he is scared cant hear his mom or daddy anymore, then he cant move and he is crying but mom is not coming to help him then he feels pain and still his mom and dad are not coming to help him. Oh it makes me so sad for these innocent little boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the original post said it all ... infants are undervalued.
    And many parents feel they have ownership of their childs body. To me there is quite a large difference between raising, guiding and making choices for your child, and altering them for life.
    I have made countless choices for my children... but all these choices can be changed once they are old enough to make their own informed choice.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (13-03-2012),trishalishous  (05-12-2011),Ulysses  (05-12-2011)