+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Constipation?

I'm seriously constipated and running out of options, I exercise daily, I have tried raisins, licorice, and all bran. I also drink plenty of water. Is there anything else I can do? Also does anyone else find that they don't feel bubs movements as much when constipated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Go see a pharmacist. There is heaps of options. Coloxyl movicol Metamucil suppositories .

Thanks
    Reviews
    drink some cranberry juice... that will have things moving in no time. fruit can also help. i find lots of fibre tends to make things worse. good luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

Sara87  (30-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    dates/ prunes and apricots do the trick too.... thats what ive been told anyway (my mil has said a couple of times, dont eat too many of those or you'll be in the toilet all day)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeySeeMonkeyDo For This Useful Post:

Sara87  (30-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drink a glass of pear juice everyday (its the one in the tin) and add benefibre every other day if needed. TMI-If I need things to move I drink the whole tin and don't leave home for the afternoon.

I have a smart phone & one day I will be smart enough to use it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BorrisWombatWife For This Useful Post:

Sara87  (30-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the queen of constipation ( thats really nothing to advertise is it!)

Anyhooo...
    I've recently had to get things moving more to help with another issue, and I'm still surprised how easy it was to tackle.

Firstly, don't increase your fibre just yet. All you'll do is create a "roadblock".

Increase your water intack drastically. I'm talking 3 - 4 litres a day til things start moving. Eat lots of fruit and (cooked) vegies. Kiwifruit is a huge winner in this department.
    Also drink a couple of glasses of prune juice and a glass of other fruit juice every day. Try to avoid stodgy carbs and anything too salty.

Once things are back to normal maybe start including a fibre drink or tablet, but make sure you also increase your water intake along with it.

Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to danielle13 For This Useful Post:

Sara87  (30-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    maybe also consider taking a pro-biotic to get things a bit more balanced inside. Magnesium supplements, which i took for my restless legs, also helped.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to northern For This Useful Post:

Sara87  (30-10-2011)

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After being constipated for 2 weeks because I was on some serious pain medications... I felt awful.

Tried prune juice and apricots and fibre and everything. Went to my ob and he told me to get lactulose from the chemist. Is a sickly sweet syrup that is a sugar that is non soluble. Tmi. Goes into your poo and makes it 'fluffy'.. was told to me. I took it and my god it worked within 4 hours. Although can work over a day or so. I was told was safe for pregnancy, and worked amazing for me. Maybe go and ask about it!

Goodluck! I know hoe uncomfortable it is.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shortiii For This Useful Post:

Sara87  (30-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pear juice all the way!!! :-)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ES2010 For This Useful Post:

Sara87  (30-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello. I was in the beginning of my pregnancy. And I seem to go between both, but the one thing now since being pregnant I am loving fruit and that seems to be keeping me regular. I am finding pears very helpful. I think from memory benefibre is ok. but just double check with chemist. Goodluck.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bluebutterfly74 For This Useful Post:

Sara87  (30-10-2011)