+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Self-Insemination

Has anybody tried at home self-insemination and was it successful, and know where I can get more detailed information. It's our last option before IVF which we can't really afford

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Angel butterfly.

Try having a look at the below thread. They have heaps of ideas and how to's that you might find helpful

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...uccess-Stories

Good luck and let us all know how you go and what you decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi angelbutterfly, I have just joined bubhub and saw your post so hope my reply isn't too late. My partner and I have been doing self insemination using donor sperm and we are now around 6 weeks pregnant
    This is my second pregnancy doing self insemination, we miscarried the first time unfortunately. All up it has taken us about 10 months to conceive the second time, yet a lot of couples conceive quicker.
    Good luck with everything!! Am happy to answer any questions you might have about how it all works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Dani12 thanks for the feed back, we will be starting in Feb, it's quite nerve wrecking. At the moment I am brain dead but when we get started I'm sure we will have heaps of question.

I will stay in touch and congrats on being pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi angelbutterfly, good luck with starting in feb! No need to stress about it. It becomes a bit like a monthly routine once you get into the swing of things. You'll be fine
    Baby dust to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all, I'm really new here, just read it all and registered, i'm 34 and my husband is 55, he's healthy and in shape, we just married, and he first didn't want to have a child, of course that hurts me deeply even I agreed to that too, now he's wanting to have a child, the past month it didn't work, so i'm thinking maybe we are doing something wrong, thinking of using syringe and injecting into myself, from condom, do you think that would work? we haven't gone to see doctor yet because I really had not had unprotected sex until last month...please reply thank you so much.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    trying77h, is there a reason if you are using your partners sperm, you con't leave out the condom and just inseminate the normal way?

Also, some condoms contain a spermacide, so watch for that.

I inseminated myself with this pregnancy because I had a hideous, snotty, couldn't get out of bed, coughing virus when I was ovulating. I didn't feel up to it, but we didn't want to let the month go. We used an egg cup to catch and a syringe and then I popped in a menstrual cup to keep it all in there.