+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachmum View Post
    Just wanting to bump this. I'm keen to hear feedback too. I'm due July... Really hoping the renos are complete...
    Just wondering who is your OB?

Mine is Dr Kylie.
    I see last week on her facebook she wrote "We have now been in our new rooms at Buderim for 3 weeks. The New Maternity Unit is moving forward and despite some rain delays is planned to open the first week of June. I will post some photos soon."

And I was in the old maternity ward last week for food poisoning, and I said to the midwife "well I am glad I have seen the ward" and she said "If you are due in July you defiantly wont be coming to this ward, we will have moved by then"

Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Holly daisy, I'm seeing Dr George (botiatzis). Love him so far. When are you due? This is my second bub so all going well, I'm thinking 2 nights will be plenty for me too, but then maybe I'll enjoy the break from my busy toddler :-). Thanks for the update on the new wards, hopefully they stay on schedule. I have an OB apt next week so I'd planned to ask him how it was going then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my anti natal class on Tuesday the midwife said the new ward will be opening on June 4th... fingers crossed I'm due a little bit after

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep 4 June, was at the hospital
    On Friday night for a ctg and they said all set for then.

They have gone from 40 births per month to 90-120. I was told if people leave early they can get two midwife appointments at home foc. The nurse said must mums like it was they can go home but still have support. I'm due 27 June but looks like pe is making a appearance so I'm hanging for the 4 June! Lol
    Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck!!
    Lets hope its opened June 4 at the latest!!
    I am due the 30th of July, So I will be fine!
    Lets just hope I can get out of there after a 2 night stay!!
    I think 3 or 4 nights would be a bit much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have my first OB appt tomorrow with Dr George Bogiatzis at Buderim. Not due until early December (first bub), so he should be well and truly settled into their new space by then.
    Am really excited to use the new facilities. Wonder if we'll be able to have a sticky beak tomorrow?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if you will be able to have a sticky beak tomorrow, as George's rooms are not actually attached to the hospital/maternity ward. You might be able to go have a look on level 4 in the actual hospital, but might not be any point, because once the new ward opens, all the birth suits and maternity ward will be on level 1.
    If you are keen to have a sticky beak they do "tours" on the first Sunday of every Month at 2:30pm.
    I was told by the nurse on the phone at antenatal pre admission that the 1st Sunday in June is the 3rd of June, so this WONT be a good time to be going for a tour.
    But she said there will be a tour on Sunday the 1st of July.
    She also mentioned, that she would assume they would be doing more tours once the new ward is open because there will be lots of people interested to see the facilities.
    If you want more info, call the Antenatal pre admission clinic on 07 54303152.
    Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw a glimpse on the new rooms in the paper yesterday.. The rooms look gorgeous, modern and like something out of a 5 star hotel :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doesnt it look wonderful
    Dr Kylie put some photos up on her facebook page the other day.
    Here is the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9391279&type=3

And here is the link for the news story in the Sunshine Coast Daily:
    http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...-to-a-new-era/