+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So to anyone who hasn't heard yet (the obs only just found out yesterday), the maternity unit at Selangor is now closing 31st March 2012!!

I'm due 28th Apr and just got off the phone with my Ob who confirmed I'll be birthing at Buderim private!

Not sure how I feel, all a bit of a shock!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sure you are in Shock Myshadowfax! I saw my Obs on Wednesday and they said Buderim private hasnt even started building the new centre for birthing which they are supposed to be completed by May.. Not sure how they will get that sorted with the rain we normally have over Jan etc

oh boy Buderim is going to be busy busy busy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel for you ladies and I feel for all the midwives who have to find new jobs as a result of this. Hopefully most end up at Buderim. We had our little girl at Selangor in November and it was very very quiet during our stay, most of the rooms were empty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.
    I had a chat with my Ob and one of the questions I asked him was about capacity at Buderim. He said that they are planning to increase the number of delivery suites, and I'd say this confirmation from Selangor will just ensure that happens. I was an inpatient last weekend, and it was so quiet - only one newborn on the floor. The maternity unit is currently combined with a surgical unit for staff management and the refurb, and but there still seems to be plenty of room.

I was very impressed with the quality of care I received, from nursing staff to food quality. I didn't see the delivery suites (thanks god!), but everything else was first class.

I see my Ob again Monday, so will find out what he knows.
    Have a lovely weekend ladies.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigSurprise For This Useful Post:

Myshadowfax  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there everyone,
    This is my first post.
    I am due the 30th of July 2011.
    So the 4 Selangor OB's should be well and truly settled into Buderim by then.
    (I hope)
    Im interested to know, have any of you used Dr Kylie Isaacs as your OB?
    And has anyone got anything to say about her? Good or bad?
    Ive got my first appointment with her on the 19th/jan/2012.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by holly daisy View Post
    Hey there everyone,
    This is my first post.
    I am due the 30th of July 2011.
    So the 4 Selangor OB's should be well and truly settled into Buderim by then.
    (I hope)
    Im interested to know, have any of you used Dr Kylie Isaacs as your OB?
    And has anyone got anything to say about her? Good or bad?
    Ive got my first appointment with her on the 19th/jan/2012.
    Thanks
    I am seeing Kylie and have no complaints. She has been absolutely lovely and takes the time to explain things and to answer your questions. I would definitely use her again!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Kirsten Morrow reviews please.

Hi Guys,
    This is the first time I have posted so I hope I am in the right place. I am a first time mother on the sunshine coast and booked into see Kirsten Morrow in a few weeks. I am newish to the area and had to take a reccomendation from my GP. Since booking with her I have heard a few mixed reviews and would love to hear from other mothers who have worked with Kirsten.

Thanks

Snagdog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok so no one has commented on her as yet... what where your birthing experiences like at Sunny Coast private since Selengor closed? Was the maternity ward really crowded? I heard they have a leave early incentive, that if you leave before day 3 you get a visit from a midwife and a $100 coles/myer voucher... But they don't make you leave do they? Like at Nambour last week my friend was told to go home 2 days after her c/sector :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanting to bump this. I'm keen to hear feedback too. I'm due July... Really hoping the renos are complete...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adorableangel View Post
    ok so no one has commented on her as yet... what where your birthing experiences like at Sunny Coast private since Selengor closed? Was the maternity ward really crowded? I heard they have a leave early incentive, that if you leave before day 3 you get a visit from a midwife and a $100 coles/myer voucher... But they don't make you leave do they? Like at Nambour last week my friend was told to go home 2 days after her c/sector :-(
    I was under the impression they love to keep you in there!!
    I would be more than happy to go home ASAP!
    But Dr Kylie said to me it would be more like 3 nights!!
    Im hoping for a 2 night maximum stay.
    Would love to hear anyone who has a view on this?