+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that is very true, least nearly all of the obs and midwifes at Selengor are very supportive and professional no matter what one you may get at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah, that's right. At the end of the day, I would feel comfortable with any Selangor OB.

Have you heard they are closing maternity at Selangor in July? You will be one of the last mums to birth there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due late April and hubby and I decided on Selangor - just on reputation alone pretty much!! We had also heard good things about Dr George Bogiatzis, who we had our first appt with last week and thought he was great.

Almost had a heart attack yesterday when I heard all 4 obs have resigned and are moving to Buderim private, but as long as you're before July you're safe. Phew!!!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My sister had her daughter at Selangor, and they were excellent. Extremely supportive of natural birth, birth choices and water birth.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myshadowfax View Post
    I'm due late April and hubby and I decided on Selangor - just on reputation alone pretty much!! We had also heard good things about Dr George Bogiatzis, who we had our first appt with last week and thought he was great.

Almost had a heart attack yesterday when I heard all 4 obs have resigned and are moving to Buderim private, but as long as you're before July you're safe. Phew!!!
    I have had two babies with George, he was very supportive, I can highly recommend him

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myshadowfax View Post

I have had two babies with George, he was very supportive, I can highly recommend him

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Myshadowfax  (02-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why are they closing the maternity ward? It seems very popular..

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the obs have resigned and are going to Buderim private.

I think they're going to move the maternity from Selangor to the new Kawana hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read that too and that Buderim are having a huge reconstruction, more birthing suites and more rooms... should be completed by next May, that's good news for me I guess, I plan to birth there in June

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ramsey health owens the Nambourne and the new Kawana one and they are planning on better facilites down there once it opens.

As said 4 Obs are moving to Buderim in July which makes it hard for me as I am due early july but I want a ob from Nambour but I want to go to Buderim all the way through!

The choices one has to make !lol!