+ Reply to Thread

Smile Moving to Gladstone

Hi, we are moving to Gladstone within the next 3 weeks, I am 6 months pregnant and have an 18 month old boy. Really looking forward to a new adventure but slightly nervous not knowing anyone. Does anybody have any advice on areas to avoid, hospitals, doctors, playgroups, ways to meet other mums, any advice or hello's would be greatly appreciated! Very keen to make new friends for both myself and my little man! Yours thankfully

Central Queensland
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aww, how sad! No one replied!!!
    are you nice and settled now? There are loads of playgroups! Go to the community health centre next to the hospital and grab a 'community' booklet. It has all the details of every playgroup. I go to the one run by the baptist church. (I THINK we are squeals on wheels...).

You must be getting close to having bubba by now.

I found your post researching the hospital here, I'm newly pregnant with #3 and doing some research. How have you found it so far?

Hope you have settled in well.

Hey! Nice to hear from you. We have settled in nicely and are loving the change of scenery. Everyone is so friendly up here, so we have had no trouble making friends. We have arrived just at the end of term so all of the playgroups were finishing up for the year. Planning on letting this baby arrive then we can start looking into which one to try.

Congratualtions on Baby 3!! We are due 30th Jan, nearly 3 weeks!! Aaargh! So excited! The hospital has been amazing, had my last baby in Brisbane and started my pre-natel care at Redlands. But can honestly say that Gladstone hospital has so far been the friendliest and most helpful. It also helps that I don't have to pay $15 for parking every visit! lol! The midwifes seem great and so far I have been given an abundance of info on babys position etc. without even having asked, lol! They seem far more experienced to the young girls I saw in Brisbane. Did read a few bad right ups on, but truly haven't came across one negative. Ask me again in 4 weeks, lol! Well better go as we have to drop into the hospital today! Thanks for the reply, and let me know if I can help anymore regarding the hospital.