Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ooh, def going to make fudge!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Making kingston biscuits now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Does the recipe make crumbly fudge or soft fudge?

God, does that make sense?

I love crumbly fudge but it cn be hard to find, so would be excited if that recipe made it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That recipe is for soft fudge.....don't exclude the chocolate unless you want it to be like chewy toffee/tinned caramel. I think I have one for crumbly fudge if you want

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont even know what crumbly fudge is but it sounds great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here it is

Crumbly Fudge Recipe Ingredients

1 can condensed milk (+/- 392g)
    500g Sugar
    120ml water
    4tbsp butter
    2tsp Vanilla essence
    Crumbly Fudge Recipe Directions

Mix sugar, water, butter and condensed milk together in a somewhat tall pot (the mixture rises quickly) and bring to a gentle boil. While the fudge is boiling, stir continuously with a wooden spoon for about half an hour, to ensure no sugar burns to the bottom of the pot. Nearing the half-hour mark, the fudge should then have become greatly reduced in quantity, thick, sticky, and most importantly, should have the typical darker "brown" colour of fudge (but dark muddy brown means it's turned into toffee). It's better to leave it on longer if unsure, than to take it off the boil prematurely. Once it looks ready, take off the boil, add the Vanilla Essence, and beat thoroughly for a minute, then pour mixture into a greased baking tray and allow to cool.

Cut into squares once cooled properly (could take up to 6 hours). The result should be a fudge that is solid, but crumbly around the edges when you cut it (as opposed to the soft and chewy Nougat variety). It should also have a grainy texture. It may take a few attempts to perfect this recipe in a way you enjoy it the most; also note that if your mixture turns into toffee or fails completely, it's best to try again another day with new ingredients as failures often happen for no discernible reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not about baking but had to share... I had the amnio today and am on bed rest we have decided to be naughty and order pizza from this gormet pizza place down the road... I am so super excited as I haven't had pizza for ever!

On Sunday I am going to my parents house to help my sister bake Halloween cookies for a bake off at her and DH work she's never done piping before so asked for help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    aww sucks that you are on bedrest but it gives you a reason to be lazy and luckily it's only for a short time. enjoy your pizza and have an extra slice for me n bub lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Kmetius, thanks so much for the recipe. will give it a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    Kmetius, thanks so much for the recipe. will give it a try.
    You're welcome let me know how it turns out as I haven't tried that one yet