Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't decide on a fave so I will say either

Pupusa with salsa de rojo/roja served with cortido

OR

Tamales with salsa de rojo/roja

as they are DH and the kids faves and I enjoy making them as it's a great way to spend the day in the kitchen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive never cooked South American food before! Never even eaten it

Just anything which is white so potatoes, flour, rice... etc So he really sticks to some sort of meat + vegetable + legume meal. Lucky for me I have a huge amount of recipies which meet these requirements

Yes my hubby can eat corn and he loves it.

What are those recipes, describe them to me in Australian lol... they sound so interesting.

DH lived in Malaysia as a child as his dad and mum were in the RAAF over there so I try to cook Malaysian meals for him every now and then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok seeing as you DH eats corn he could eat both of those recipes they are made with natural unbleached corn flour (not the aussie type)

Pupusa is a 'flat bread' for lack of a better word it's sort of like those pizza pockets you get it's made out of corn and filled with fetta and mozzarella cheese you serve it warm and when you bite into it the cheese just comes out all melted and yummy the salsa de rojo is a sauce you put onto and the curtido is a pickled cabbage thing (like a salad) that can be served ontop also

The tamales are made with the same corn flour stuff you spread the corn flours mixture onto banana leaves (if you can get them) or the corn husk or even foil. it has a filling made of chicken and salsa de rojo and some olives thrown in then it's all wrapped up and sealed and steamed. You serve with a little more salsa de rojo...so in a sense they are basically a filled dumping or dimsim sort of thing I guess that's the closest thing I can think of.

Oh if you want the actual recipes let me know and I will put them up for you...

I love cooking thai food also
    Last edited by kmetius; 27-10-2011 at 13:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I get your moussaka recipe I might cook it for dinner

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just posted it in the other thread but here is a pic of it It really is amazing. Ive even made it for dinner guests on several occasions and they have raved about it for days. Its better to make it about an hour before dinner and let it sit so it sets and isnt sloppy.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/img1645qe.jpg/

Thanks
    Reviews
    That recipe looks divine ! I think i will go bake now yum

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the sounds of the Pupusa ... if you could post that one.

Where would I get corn flour from? Is it like coconut flour where it really is just made from finely ground corn and nothing else?

It would need to be a cheat day recipe as he cant have dairy either... like cheese or feta lol but doesnt mean I CANT EAT IT!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok now I'm hungry! time to raid the kitchen

Thanks
    Reviews
    hangon... bloody baby brain strikes again. Do you just mean corn flour like the normal stuff I use in almost every recipe to thicken sauces etc?? LOL

I am so sick of this baby brain..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumbleine View Post
    I love the sounds of the Pupusa ... if you could post that one.

Where would I get corn flour from? Is it like coconut flour where it really is just made from finely ground corn and nothing else?

It would need to be a cheat day recipe as he cant have dairy either... like cheese or feta lol but doesnt mean I CANT EAT IT!!!
    There's a version with bean instead of cheese....yes it's just the corn dried and ground to make a flour....what city are you in and I can tell you what shop you will be able to get the flour from