Closed Thread
Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha tam tam, I was just reading through my posts laughing at the spelling mistakes which are really my iPhone auto correcting!!!

Your public hospital experience wasn't good? I have private health, but it doesn't cover maternity. The hospital I went too were really great, I can't really fault their treatment of me during and after the pregnancy. The D&C all went smoothly.
    I'm getting excited as well.
    Where are you ladies located?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The staff were lovely at the public one but... After many discussions with DH (and he used to be s nurse!) we felt the care would be better at our local private. If I had an OB they would've put me straight in for D&C and I wouldn't have had to wait almost 8 hours at the hospital to get it done. Also our private hospital has private rooms where DH can stay and baths for water births and lots of other little things. I've also heard good reports. I would also prefer some more individual care with an OB. We upgraded our insurance straight after miscarriage and the waiting period is up in October. As long as we fall pregnant after feb and baby is born after early October we are covered. So there's the long story I guess.

I'm constantly making mistakes on my phone too!

I'm on Gold Coast. Where are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks Cheeky and tamtam, my heart has felt broken ever since I had her. It was one of the most emotionally painful things that I've ever been through.

Tamtam I don't miss teaching at all, is that bad lol. I guess I just like being home with the kids. If I ever go back I would only do so on a casual basis at the school my DS goes to.

I have had all my kids at the public hospital (it is the only maternity hospital around and about 1hr 15mins away). having said that I have a private OB, same one for them all who has been awesome. wouldn't have a baby without him now. This hospital has private rooms so you don't have to share. No pools or chances for DH to stay or anything but I need someone to look after the other kids and I've survived 4 labours without being in water, I think I can do one more LOL.

I haven't noticed anyone's autocorrects errors, I know when I use the android app it thanks the wrong post for me, that can be embarrassing

6dpo, nearly time to start testing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's so lovely to see such supportive people in here.

I had all my children in public hospitals also and never had to share a room....but that could just have been good luck. I'm a nurse also and would always choose public over private. I've worked in both health systems and know both are good but generally from my experience emergency services are better in the public system and for me I always wanted to be close to good emergency services. That's not to say it's always the case though. Oh and I have top private health insurance but would still choose public.

Electric- So close to testing now....very exciting for you. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for your BFP.

AFM- I am CD14 today and just got my +ve OPK. I'm not sure whether to BD tonight or not???? Any advice would be appreciated as I have all day to decide. I started my m/c Jan 3rd so it seems soon on one hand but my body seems ready?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My fab 4 - if you feel emotionally ready to be pregnant go for it. I believe our bodies wouldn't ovulate if it wasn't ready! Through this whole experience I have a deeper respect for our bodies and what they do!! We tried but didn't fall pregnant in the first month after miscarriage!

Electric rodeo - how's the symptom spotting? I thought about testing today, which is just plain silly so I didn't! I'm not feeling much at the moment, just super tired. That probably had something to do with the weekend we just had!!!

Tam tam - I hope your first day back is going well. Do you have students yet? I thought you might have been in QLD. You guys go back early! I'm in Melbourne. But born in QLD !

AFM I am 3 or 4DPO. I can't decided what I am going to follow, my instinct or ptracker so I'll just put both up for now and see who is right when AF pops up! The waiting game continues...
    I hope you are all well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I just ask you ladies..do they usually book you in for a d&c or wait for things to progress naturally?

Thanks
    Reviews
    cheeky- Resisting the urge to POAS is so so hard....I feel your pain. I know if I were in your shoes I would be on symptom watch already too. The earliest I have tested has been 7 dpo. But I use IC's for such times and leave the FRERs for more important times. I would hate to tally up the money I have spent on HPT in the last few months. For my recent m/c pregnancy I got a very faint (questionable) +ve on an IC at 8 dpo in the afternoon and a definite +ve on a FRER the next day. My test line was darker than the control line at 12 dpo and the line progression looked great....such a shame it all ended badly. GL with getting your rainbow baby this cycle.

Vintage- I'm sure all doctors monitor m/c's differently. I think they often like to do an U/S to see if a d+c is required, but I have never had to go through a d+c. What are your doctors doing so far?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheeky chook - I don't think I will miss teaching either if/when we have a baby and I go on leave. On the other hand I love teaching and my job and the kids, I just hate all the other stuff that goes with. It's pupil free days this week- first official day back is tomorrow. Meetings and boring stuff. I have only 22 kids in my class this year of Year Five kids and I taught most of them in Year Three so it's going to be a good year, they are lovely kids.

Myfab4 - I also agree with PP...if you feel ready why not? I've heard mixed reports about waiting etc... in fact, I was told that you are most fertile the cycle after a m/c??? not sure about that. If we hadn't decided to wait out the waiting period on our PHI I would've gone for it straight away I think. Too much time has allowed me to freak about it. Good luck!!

Vinatge Lover...not sure about what all doctors do, but my doctor 'booked' me in at the public hospital the very next day. In other words she sent me straight there to wait until they could do it. I didn't have any symptoms at all, no cramping or bleeding and she also told me that she felt it was better to just get it over and done with (sounds callous but not meant to). I think it was best choice for me...From what I've heard most doctors will book you in or give the option to wait for nature?

As for the public versus private debate... I was fully ready to go public with baby last year, but I think the long wait at the hospital just kinda did it for me. If I had gone to the local private one we will choose I could've been booked in, kept separate from everyone else and been out, rather than waiting all day etc. In all honesty - I think a hospital is probably just as good as it's staff/the the government that control it! (much like schools - haha)... DH was quite adamant about going private and I'm happy to, more personalised care seeing the same doctor/midwife each time will help me. Also, my GP will refer me immediately (as soon as we know) to see the OB and they have u/s in their rooms which is also good for me. the facility at the private hospital is pretty nice too.

I'm also a POAS addict as well... I must've spent a fortune last time buying them at the chemist!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't given an option, maybe as baby was only 5weeks. They told me it would be like a heavy period and better for the body to do it's own thing.

I'm booked in for a scan then doctor app next Monday. Seems a long time to wait..but I'm scared I might need d&c anyway after all this.

Thankyou xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out baby had stopped growing when I was meant to be 7-8 weeks then bleeding started 24hours later. Weird to think my body didn't recognize it...