+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3112

This is my wedding dress... Love @ first sight... First dress i tried on! =)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    This is one that I had picked out for a long long time...
    http://media.preownedweddingdresses.com/images/dresses/9424//1024x768//Alfred-Angelo-Ball-Gown-Princess-Sapphire-Collection-No-755-white-2009-34749.jpg

.however I have changed my mind now. I still absolutely love it but it doesnt suit the type of wedding Im picturing for myself now...plus DP saw it and said "..meh" ...that is not the reaction a bride would want from her groom I dont know what type of dress Im looking for, but will know when I find it.

(Oh, and Im not engaged...been with DP 6yrs and no ring yet Hahaha SO this is all hypothetical of course)
    Hehe. Tell your man that he is not entitled to an opinion on the dress until he's "put a ring on it!"

I really loved that dress, it is very much to my own taste. Might have to check out that web page. All in the name of research for my friend, of course!

So, what sort of wedding are you seeing for yourself now?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    Hehe. Tell your man that he is not entitled to an opinion on the dress until he's "put a ring on it!"

I really loved that dress, it is very much to my own taste. Might have to check out that web page. All in the name of research for my friend, of course!

So, what sort of wedding are you seeing for yourself now?
    I love Alfred Angelo dresses. So beautiful. I always research dresses..just because I like looking at pretty things

If me and DP get married, we want to elope. Just me, he, my son, our parents, my brother, his sister and his niece. Thats it. Im pushing Whitsundays, he's pushing Bali. Basic. Simple. Just us and the people that TRULY matter. We arent the type to put on a show for other people. (disclaimer: we do not think people who have huge weddings are showy or fake or whatever else people might misconstrue from that sentence Lol).
    My dress would be really basic. Something kind of like this I suppose
    http://www.mybeachweds.com/wp-conten...2011/09/12.jpg

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven & Memphis View Post
    http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3112

This is my wedding dress... Love @ first sight... First dress i tried on! =)
    Very stunning! I am not usually one to go for beading, etc. But this dress is very cute. I quite like strapless dresses... on others. My boobs are too small to pull it off, I would constantly be pulling up the top. And as the night progresses and bottles are emptied, I can imagine unintentionally flashing myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oooooh bohemian - my favourite.

I'm a bridesmaid next year and I will be thoroughly disappointed if boho isn't her theme lol.

OP your choices are lovely, classic and simple. Exactly what I'd have if I were getting married.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (28-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This was my wedding dress
    http://www.fiorenza.com.au/bridal/si...-%20Mylie.html

First dress I tried on and the only one I wanted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I play too?!

This is one that I'm looking at...

http://www.lanovia.com.au/scripts/previewlanovia.php?src=images/la_novia_wedding_gowns/large/sept_30_2011_2.jpg

*~* Spelling courtesy of iPhone *~*
    Last edited by thesmallestmeasure; 24-10-2011 at 15:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Muminmind - I love love all those styles - just beautiful. A bit old fashioned -love them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have had the same dress in mind for the past 5 or so years There are so many dresses out there that are lovely, but I just adore this dress. I've seen it up close too and the photos just don't do it justice!

Front
    Back

As for my style.. well I want an elegant, classic wedding, always have and probablly always will. I also love a lot of vintage type dresses like this and this, i'd love to do a vintage style wedding, but don't think I could pull it off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm getting married in March 2012, after 11 years of engagement! LOL.

We are having a small civil at my parents property in the Armadale (WA) hills, just immediate family (about 12) no bridesmaids or grooms men.

neither of us were ever after a big deal wedding, I've hardly thought about my dress, or wedding theme or anything like that, I never liked the idea of that much attention being on me.
    My mother and sister are having more fun thinking of ideas than I am! I have had to veto many, btw as they are way over the top for what I am imagining..

The type of dress I am thinking of is like this

(thats my imagination)

i havent been able to find one at all that I like. I want a low cost, drapey, gathered at the waist, reasonably ******lined i.e not bell skirted, soft, no or minimal beading, straps or halter. Anyone has any ideas where to look, let me know!

i am due any day now, and have put on 20kg over the course. I was a size 18 pre-pregnancy, and hope like hell I get back at least to that size by March!