+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pictures of your favourite wedding dresses!

This is sort of a hypothetical thread, aimed at the ones of you who are getting married/celebrating a civil union; OR simply fantasising about it, OR who already are married and could shoose your wedding dress again. What does your favourite wedding dress(es) look like, and what does the dress say about you, as a person? I have been engaged since 2008 but cannot see us getting married any day soon. However, assisting a friend in finding the right wedding dress for her has made me think about my ideal wedding dress. I am not a very traditional person and would like really small and laidback celebration outdoors. I suppose my style is simple and romantic, with a bohemian twist.

Here are my favourites (in no particular order):
    408029_10151327517855220_711925219_22850135_1537388550_n.jpg
    But perhaps with some sort of shoulder straps because I have a small bust and would hate to pull the dress up all.the.time!

server.jpeg
    It looks a little bit like a nighty, but with nice hair and accessories I think it would love sweet.

papilio-2011-bridal-collection-wedding-dress.jpg

yolancris-wedding-dress-2.jpg
    Minus all the accessories.

fall-2011-wedding-dresses-norah-strapless-empire-wedding-dress-beaded-bridal-belt-claire-pettibo.jpg

I am not a very traditional person and would like really small and laidback celebration outdoors. I suppose my style is simple and romantic, with a bohemian twist. Now, please show me yours!ETA: OMG, I am totally fickle! Have deleted and added wedding dressed to this thread a couple of times. Thank God I'm not getting married, I would totally regret the wedding dress afterwards. And perhaps the husband, too! Perhaps the answer is to get married multiple times? Like 5.
    Last edited by MuminMind; 24-03-2012 at 19:01.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MuminMind For This Useful Post:

Madame Mayhem  (24-03-2012),SugarSkull  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    heres my wedding dress

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, they are so cool! I used to live really close to that shop, btw! I Love Enmore and Newtown; so funky!

So, what does the dresses say about you, and what sort of ceremony would you have?

Quote Originally Posted by jess_live_die View Post
    heres my wedding dress

Double wow; bright red! Talk about attitude, I love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks its totaly me heheh neva been a fan of the white or champian colours so i went with my fav firey colour

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got married in something very similar to this: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3477

I LOVE this dress except with the cobalt blue colour: http://www.alfredangeloanz.com/colle...pg=0&colorId1=

BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Emzy83;6150152]I got married in something very similar to this: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3477

Fabulous! And what do you think the dress says about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=MuminMind;6150235]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy83 View Post
    Fabulous! And what do you think the dress says about you?
    I don't really know TBH! I just fell in love with it the minute I saw it! I knew I wanted a princess type gown, but not over the top poofy!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This is one that I had picked out for a long long time...
    http://media.preownedweddingdresses.com/images/dresses/9424//1024x768//Alfred-Angelo-Ball-Gown-Princess-Sapphire-Collection-No-755-white-2009-34749.jpg

.however I have changed my mind now. I still absolutely love it but it doesnt suit the type of wedding Im picturing for myself now...plus DP saw it and said "..meh" ...that is not the reaction a bride would want from her groom I dont know what type of dress Im looking for, but will know when I find it.

(Oh, and Im not engaged...been with DP 6yrs and no ring yet Hahaha SO this is all hypothetical of course)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (24-03-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy83 View Post
    I LOVE this dress except with the cobalt blue colour: http://www.alfredangeloanz.com/colle...pg=0&colorId1=
    An old friend of mine got married in that dress in the cobalt blue colour. Beautiful. Got it off ebay for an absolute steal apparently.