+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    mothersinstinct - congrats on the 22km. Good effort. Cycling is hard work. I should try and work in a cycling class to my week though. Good luck for your weigh in.

BRV - your list of gym annoyances is growing. I seem to remember a fb post about people choosing the treadmill next to you when others are available.

I must admit I will occasionally leave a city class five minutes early to catch a bus, as it only comes every hour at night. However, the instructors should be telling people never to pack up during abs/cool down in pump as it is dangerous to carry the weights over people when they are lying down. Some instructors will enforce it, but some say nothing. I remember one saying that she was in a class once where somebody dropped a weight and smashed somebody's cheekbone or some bit of their face.

I generally leave a day between pump as I remember somebody saying that you're meant to let your muscles recover, but I did do classes two days in a row last week as it's just the way timetable fell.

I am feeling really deflated this morning. I think I am premenstrual, and I'm feeling sort of bereft. I had this big dispute with my partner this month about having a baby and it's still a bit strained. I went to the DVD shop last night and almost hired a french documentary called Babies. WTF - I really have a masochistic streak. Anyway, I am in that awful self destructive type mood today, and am at work so have ready access to shops.

I did attempt a jog last night. Jogged one block and found a labrador puppy in the street. Carried it back home, and then found the owner, then it was too dark.

Anyway, while I don't think i'll lose weight this week, I have got back into the habit of exercising intensely every day so that's an achievement. Will work on food next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    BRV - lol, I also start packing up during the classes, but I never leave early, I love getting the best of my workouts and I enjoy the cooldowns. I also chose the treadmill etc. nect to people sometimes But that is usually only when I want to be under a fan, I always try to get under a fan lol. I can't stand cheesecake so I wouldn't be at all tempted, but if it was a choc mud cake, then that would be a diff story.

Msmummy - I lose a bit of motivation when I am premenstrual but tend to hit back even harder the week or so after it has passed. Goodluck with your weighin, you never know you might surprise yourself.

Well I am super annoyed, I drove to the gym this morning ready to go to my attack class motivated as anything then I realize I left my shoes at home by the time I drove home to get them and would have gotten back it would have already been 15min into the class so didn't bother going back. I might go back up later in the arvo though to do some cardio/weights will see how the day goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh, I have a long list of things that annoy me at the gym but I will keep them to myself as it would be judgmental

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Msmummy- not cringeworthy at all! I feel so strong, capable and full of self esteem when I run. I feel its the best exercise for me at the moment as there is no way I can afford a gym membership.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nudge, I feel the same when jogging. I did about 3.5k today with some hills without stopping.

Mothers instinct, how frustrating about the gym. I probably would have given up, although you might be closer to the gym than me.

Went for a run after work and burnt 500 cals, but ate 1000 cals in choc as was miserable.

Anyway, tomorrow's the start of a new week, and hopefully a better week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Funny article. My partner has those shorts with the undies in them, I'd better check the elastic

My main annoyance (I guess I find it strange more than anything) is people who park illegally right outside the gym door, or in the 3 disabled parking spaces right next to the door because they can't be bothered to walk an extra 20m to the car park or up 15 stairs to the second-storey car park???

I have a session today with my trainer. Hoping to do at least 45 minute cardio before my session at 10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Goodluck to those that are weighing in today
    back to back combat and pump class this morning, didn't end up going back to the gym yesterday, couldn't be bothered, plus i just tracked down season 4 of trueblood so that was pretty much all i was doing yesterday/last night Taking weight and meausrements today

msmummy - i'm only 5 min drive from the gym, i could have easily gone back but in that 5 minutes i lost my motivation lol.

That article is funny, i have to say i do get slightly annoyed when peole talk on their phones, especially when i can hear both sides of the conversation

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still 95 this morning.

Even though I'm going to gym this morning, I want to do attack tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    weighing in: 61.8 so 800g lost.

I'm happy with that, can't afford to risk my supply by losing too quickly.
    All this gym talk, I'm envious. I live 1 hour away from the closest gym, and it is just not feasible with DD only 7 weeks old.

So I am eating low GI eating, no more than 110g a carbs and keeping calories around 1500 a day. So despite spending most of my time sitting on the couch breastfeeding, it seems to be working.
    Last edited by bugsy; 31-10-2011 at 08:17.