+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning girls, how is everyone feeling today? I have done ok eating wise but hardly anything exercise wise this week, grr.

I was finding it so much easier initially when I was dropping a few kgs a week. Now I am stuck at that last 5-10 and my motivation fades a bit when I have zero results. To make it worse hubby lost his weight (he had a head start and began when i was 20 weeks preggo) and is now fighting to keep his weight up where he wants it, boo to him!!!

No more pity party just gotta work a bit harder. Once I hit 68 I will have a renewed energy and motivation it's just getting there lol

Here's to a good day food and exercise wise girls xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have had a shocking past few days, havent been sticking to shakes, didnt go to gym yesty and have been binging. I blame it on AF, it's the first one I have had since my ectopic pregnancy and it is really painful and heavy, today is even worse, but I am going to try and drag myself to body combat this morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    MsMummy, I plan on doing pump on Wednesdays and Fridays, 45 minute spin on Saturdays, body attack on Monday, and I will endeavour to do step on Tuesdays, but I work and it could be a struggle to make the class on time at 4:45. I always stand up the back for classes too. The combat instructor from the Saturday class used to have admirers up the front every week.

I am doing lite n easy at the moment, but sometimes lack willpower to not eat anything else. The food is good, and I'm on the 1200 calorie plan, so I should be losing loads of weight

Rabbity - well done, keep going!

Pinkzy - no exercise must be difficult. I also find a feel a bit down after no exercise. Last week, I didn't exercise for 5 days due to sickness and felt horrible.
    BRv, thats great about the classes. 1200 a day is quite strict. i struggle to follow low calorie programs, as i just want to eat.

danni, i have been at a plateau for ages and it's a bit disheartening. although i'm still quite heavy so my plateau is caused by too much chocolate.

mothersinstinct, i am jealous of your combat class. i go to a few gyms and they hardly have any combat on the schedule, and the ones they do are at awkward times for me. i find there are a lot of step and pump classes in the schedule. I don't know why combat isn't as popular. maybe people feel the moves are a bit silly? hopefully you period pain subsides and you bounce back.

i am sitting on the sofa feeling bloated as i ate way too much pizza last night. it was homemade, but still would have heaps of calories. i should be cleaning as my son is asleep and my house is appalling. my motivation for 9.30am pump is flagging, as i'll have to coax my son to eat breakfast quickly and then get dressed etc. i'll see how he goes. i guess i could take him for a walk in the pram. i'd like to do a 10.30 class but i don't think anything suitable was on. just ate weetbix with some dried fruit and macadamias. feel more bloated now. sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I ended up dragging myself to combat, so glad I did because I feel great now, just what i needed to kickstart my motivation again! I also did a sneaky weighin, I told myself I wasn't going to weigh myself until next week, but I think i really needed to see how I was doing. And I am down in weight hopefully it goes down even more before weighin on Monday I am going to an 8:15 Cycle Extreme class tomorrow, EXTREME!! wtf, like Cycle could get any harder they have gone and made an extreme class so this should prove to be interesting.

Msmummy - Try making suggestions to your gym about the classes, and maybe they could put on more combat or change around some of the other classes. Our timetable is fairly good, it has each class on a few times a week, i just have to be strict with myself so I can make them all but at the moment I am doing Mon - combat&pump Tues - Cycle&Body attack Wed - Step Thurs - Attack/pump Fri - combat Sat - Cycle and Sun - Attack. I am going 7 days at the moment, and some of those days includes morning and evening sessions, I find I lose motivation if I skip a day of exercise so just pushing myself at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    mothersinstinct, congratulations on making it to combat and for your loss.

I didn't make it to the gym. my son didn't wake up til 9pm, and was coughing and in a ratsh*t mood, so we stayed home. could probably do with a day off the gym and i'm pretty sore, and I'll do pump then step first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Mothersinstinct - I haven't done extreme, but have done high performance, which I think went for an hour, not 45. Good luck.

I did pump yesterday. I struggled in the squats/lunges tracks as was doing loads with my trainer on Thursday.

I like pump, but I am not very sweaty after the class. I do work hard and struggle with some areas, even with only 1.25kg weight on each side during arms tracks. It's funny because I had 10kg total for the back track, could've gone more, but struggle with arms. It's amazing how each different part of your body has different strength.

I'm going to the gym today. Spin is on at 8:15, hoping my children wake up in time. If not, there is body combat at 9:30.

Have a good weekend!
    Last edited by BigRedV; 29-10-2011 at 05:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think extreme cycle is 60 mins, instead of 45. 45 mins of cycle is enough for me.

Brv, I have the same issue with the chest track. I have a total of 7.5, and I struggle nd haven't ever increased it despite doing pump all year. my back track is 10 total as well. I struggle with shoulders too, and only put 2.5 total. My current goal is to increase my squat weights to 20, and My bices/triceps to 7.5.

Eta, brv, you can still burn a bit in pump. I normally burn at least 400, but 600-650 in step.
    Last edited by MsMummy; 29-10-2011 at 06:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did express pump (no bi/tri) and step this morning, and burnt 1100 calories, which was good. Have eaten okay but could flounder tonight.

there's probably another hour of daylight left here so i'm trying to get the motivation to go jogging now, as i have to work tomorrow, and it makes exercise hard as the gyms in the city (near my work) are closed on sundays, and the suburban ones don't open early enough.

i upped by back weight in pump today to 12.5 (total). it was fine for the clean and press, but i struggled a lot with the wide triple rows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Msmummy, stay strong tonight and don't give into temptations, sounds like youre doing a great job with your exercise!

I went to cycle "extreme" this morning, you girls were right, it was 60mins instead of the usual 45mins. I managed to ride over 22k's I am pretty happy with that considering there wasn't many sprints, lots of jumps and pedalling on high intensity but wasn't very fast because I could barely get my legs to move on level 9 and 10!! My eating has been really good aswell and I actually think I can notice a slight difference in my body, Having chicken parma and salad tonight, i would usually have it with veg and mash but i know I will go overboard with the mash to keeping it simple with a green salad. Anyway, really looking forward to weigh in on Monday.

Hope everyone is having a great wknd, stay motivated girls and if you have slipped up just remember that tomorrow is another day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Good work msmummy and motherinstinct. I didn't make it to spin, but did body combat. It's just not the same without the other instructor. I need to try and get to the gym earlier to do the spin or do spin at 9:30. There is s pump at 8:30 on Saturday mornings, but I don't know if I should do pump 2 days in a row?

Anyway, eating not too bad today. I had my mothers' group friends over, and my friend made low fat cheese cake (lmao) and it was delicious. There were 3 massive slices left, and she left them here. I haven't touched them and they are still sitting in the fridge.

Oh, my new pet peeve is people who leave gym classes early - especially those doing pump and pack away all their stuff between tracks. Petty, I know

MsMummy - I agree, the shoulder track is a killer in pump.