+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Msmummy - Did you make it to pump/step today? 10km run is a great effort! I did 1.5km of straight jogging on the treadmill and that almost killed me. One of my goals is to increase my jogging length, I just need to learn how to pace myself.

BRV - I think if you enjoy pump then to continue doing it, even if you aren't getting a huge workout in it, compared to something like step, I still think it would contribute to weight loss and toning, especially with all the lunges and squats. Sounds like you have redeemed yourself with some great workouts! And wow 5weeks, i'm sure that time will fly by!

Theboys&me - Hope you have pulled yourself back on the saddle, lack of motivation can really suck sometimes!

Delirium - Aim for a better week next week! Cravings are usually your bodies way of letting you know you are lacking in something so hopefully now that you had you have had your carb fix you will be raring to go next week!

I blitzed it in cycle this morning, smashed all my previous records by doing 27km's with an average of 86rpm, I am so happy with that. Am confident that I will be under 86 by Monday, I may still make it under 80 By Chrissy afterall

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    it seems a few of us have fallen off the wagon. I've succumbed to carb cravings the last few days, very naughty. Hopefully weigh in on Monday will be kind to us lol
    I seem to spend more time off the wagon then on the wagon, unfortunately. Argh, why is it so hard to eat well? Hopefully you get a good number next week.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Hi. I had a good cardio session with my friend today. I did 5 minute warm up on cross trainer, 10 minute rowing, then back on the cross trainer doing 30 second intervals of as fast as we could then normal pace. We did that for 15 minutes, followed by 10 minutes on the stepper, taking really big steps. We then did walking lunges on the treadmill. We had it at 5 degree incline, at 2km/h for 10 minutes with a few short breaks in between. Then we did some jumping and skipping and ab circuit. I feel great now. Just need to keep motivated, I am getting married in just over 5 weeks
    Wow, 5 weeks? Is the dress fitting okay? That sounds like a good workout.

Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    Msmummy - Did you make it to pump/step today? 10km run is a great effort! I did 1.5km of straight jogging on the treadmill and that almost killed me. One of my goals is to increase my jogging length, I just need to learn how to pace myself.

I blitzed it in cycle this morning, smashed all my previous records by doing 27km's with an average of 86rpm, I am so happy with that. Am confident that I will be under 86 by Monday, I may still make it under 80 By Chrissy afterall
    That's fantastic about cycle! Are you legs sore today? I have only done a few spin classes, but have never been able to break through the barrier. 27k is awesome. I rode 13k on holiday over easter, and I was so sore by the end. Cycling is hard work.

Did you go to the beach?

I did pump and step yesterday morning. All the regular instructors were doing the les mills workshops, so we had a step instructor who did a cardio step instead, which was quite good. Not as full on, but no breaks so constant. She lost her mike halfway through so had to mime. Quite bizarre.

We went to the beach yesterday afternoon, and my arms are pretty sore from carrying my son about 1k, and throwing him up in the surf etc.

I will attempt my 10k walk again. My legs are pretty sore so will see how we go.

I am so bloated and the scales were up a kilo in the last couple of days. I had ovulation pains on Friday, and read that you can retain water when ovulating....or maybe it's just the junk food I eat.

Anyway, we TTC this month. Initially, I thought I had tricked my partner into it as I said I probably wasn't ovulating. Anyway, he was was onto my bad deception as he made it clear the following day he knew, and I saw him shoot me a slight glare when I had a sip of his beer on Friday. Don't know if anything will come of it. We conceived my son on the first attempt in December 2007, but I was 4 years younger then. He was so anti TTC, but he said that he changed his mind after I told him about a male friend of mine who has been TTC for 18 months with his partner and they are pretty broken about the whole thing. He said it made him realise that it might take a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel like crap have thrown up several times today, have full body aches, headache, extremely bad AF pains, who should be visiting this week. Just extremely run down, I have no appetitie and any attempt to eat I have thrown back up. So obviously I gave gym a miss today, hopefully I feel better tomorrow but I doubt it. Will be back when I feel better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I feel like crap have thrown up several times today, have full body aches, headache, extremely bad AF pains, who should be visiting this week. Just extremely run down, I have no appetitie and any attempt to eat I have thrown back up. So obviously I gave gym a miss today, hopefully I feel better tomorrow but I doubt it. Will be back when I feel better.
    Oh, no. Do you normally get this around your period? Do you think it's something viral. I agree, definitely rest. Hopefully you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never feel like this, I rarely get sick. My boys got home from their father's not long ago and he told me my eldest was throwing up yesterday and feeling run down, so he must have cut a bug from daycare and has passed it on to me. He feels 100% today though, so much only be a 24hour bug. I am feeling a bit better now, hopefully I'll be myself by the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Mothersinstinct, sorry you are feeling crap.

MsMummy - good luck, hoping for some exciting news from you soon

The dress fits well, it's a lace up so easier to squeeze into. It does fit beautifully. Only thing is, it sticks out at the front. I might try some hollywood tape and if that fails, will get straps put on, although, not sure about the straps as I'm borrowing the dress from a friend and she hasn't said I could make alterations, and since she hasn't offered, I am a bit hesitant to ask. I went wedding dress shopping last week with my trainer, and we got the straps idea from one of the shops as the girl pinned on done straps to make one if the dresses fit better.

Anyway, I had a good day today, did indulge in a bug lunch of chicken boscaiola (sp?) and mash and veg, but only had a light dinner. I have a session tomorrow with my trainer.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Weigh in day! Lost about 800grams this week. A loss is a loss so im happy.

I think this week is gonna be great. Ive got a new plan ive worked on with the pt, and my cousin who is a total health and fitness guru and im really positive! Just means i gotta push myself to eat. I can do it i can do it im happy cause i can do 4x workouts in the week ^_^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I was 94 today, not surprising after my feast for lunch yesterday!!!

Had a great session this morning with my trainer and I also did 40 minutes of cardio.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Weighed in at 85kgs this morning 2.2kg loss for the week, I'm sure not being able to keep anything down yesterday contributed a little but I am still super happy. I also took my measurements(last taken 2 weeks ago) and have lost 10cm off my hips, 6.5cm off my waist and 2cm off my arms and thighs!! Super stoked with all those numbers.
    I am feeling much better today, even made it to combat in the morning but didn't want to overdo it so didn't stay for pump afterward. I have lost 5.9kg's over the last month and alot of cm's off my body, feeling confident that I can get my 5kg loss before Christmas. Only 5 weeks away!!
    Off to lunch with mumsie and my boys now, will check in later for some personals. Well done to those with losses, Goodluck to those still to weigh in
    Last edited by Littlemissmetal; 21-11-2011 at 11:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mothersinstinct, sorry you are feeling crap.

MsMummy - good luck, hoping for some exciting news from you soon

The dress fits well, it's a lace up so easier to squeeze into. It does fit beautifully. Only thing is, it sticks out at the front. I might try some hollywood tape and if that fails, will get straps put on, although, not sure about the straps as I'm borrowing the dress from a friend and she hasn't said I could make alterations, and since she hasn't offered, I am a bit hesitant to ask. I went wedding dress shopping last week with my trainer, and we got the straps idea from one of the shops as the girl pinned on done straps to make one if the dresses fit better.

Anyway, I had a good day today, did indulge in a bug lunch of chicken boscaiola (sp?) and mash and veg, but only had a light dinner. I have a session tomorrow with my trainer.
    Maybe you could ask your friend about the alterations, on the basis that you will return it to its original state? It's hard to know whether to ask though, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Weigh in day! Lost about 800grams this week. A loss is a loss so im happy.

I think this week is gonna be great. Ive got a new plan ive worked on with the pt, and my cousin who is a total health and fitness guru and im really positive! Just means i gotta push myself to eat. I can do it i can do it im happy cause i can do 4x workouts in the week ^_^
    Great loss, and great that you've worked out a new gym plan. Are you almost under 90 now?

I was 94 today, not surprising after my feast for lunch yesterday!!!

Had a great session this morning with my trainer and I also did 40 minutes of cardio.
    What were you last week? that's a good workout.

Weighed in at 85kgs this morning 2.2kg loss for the week, I'm sure not being able to keep anything down yesterday contributed a little but I am still super happy. I also took my measurements(last taken 2 weeks ago) and have lost 10cm off my hips, 6.5cm off my waist and 2cm off my arms and thighs!! Super stoked with all those numbers.
    I am feeling much better today, even made it to combat in the morning but didn't want to overdo it so didn't stay for pump afterward. I have lost 5.9kg's over the last month and alot of cm's off my body, feeling confident that I can get my 5kg loss before Christmas. Only 5 weeks away!!
    Off to lunch with mumsie and my boys now, will check in later for some personals. Well done to those with losses, Goodluck to those still to weigh in
    You must be thrilled! Such a good loss, both kgs and cms. I was 85 in september and I found it psychologically a good number.

As for me, the scales were the same as last monday - still about 86.5. Again, too much eating. I was doing okay today, then a friend gave me some Christmas baking, so i have eaten way too many delicious home baked things.

Will do pump after work, and cardio blitz tomorrow.

I just can't seem to shake my food addiction. i asked my partner what he thought about hypnotherapy. He didn't dismiss it, but he suggested I read my mindful eating book first.