+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *hugs* mothersinstinct, im sorry for your loss, i didn't know. i cant imagine *more hugs*

sounds like your doing really awesome this week! good on you they say 7 kilos is a dress size, so you must be noticing your clothes getting much looser?

congrats everyone on doing amazingly!

i dunno what im doing. im eating more to bump up my calories and not overdoing it on the exercise. didnt exercise on monday, did 30 mins on the bike on tuesday, 30 min walk on wednesday and zumba tonight. will hit the gym tomorrow and have the weekend off. who knows what the results will be by monday *sigh* i think im just on a long annoying plateau. *shrug* ive been turning into a nut about it...panic attacks, the lot...but im just trying to accept that i lost 38 kilos in 6 months, my body needs some time to adjust.

so im throwing all my time limits out on the goals ive set. because if i dont make them in the time..i just dont know what ill do.

sorry for the downer post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks Diamond, I am dealing with it pretty well, pregnancy was ectopic so even though I went through hell during the time it was going on, I think I dealt better with it then I thought. I think I would have dealt with it worse had it been a miscarriage.

Sorry to hear you are also having a rough day, must be the day for it! Could you try speaking to one of the trainers at your gym about it? Maybe they could offer a more proffessional opinion, I hope what your doing now gives you results on Monday, it really sucks when you don't know what your body is doing.

My clothes are becoming more loose and I am feeling more confident in a bikini so I must be seeing results, I think it's hard when you look at yourself every day, but I have had people compliment me at gym on my progress.

Well after my downer post, I went to the shops with DS2, and tried on a couple new bikinis, the one I have now is not as flattering as it used to be and the bottoms are becoming loose and saggy bikini bottoms is not a good look I found one that I really like, So providing they still have my size on Monday I will buy it. I am also looking into the "eat right for your type" diet. MIL swears by it, I've been doing some resarch on it and come up with this - "Blood Type A should avoid red meat, eat plenty of fish and vegetables, with a low dairy intake. Light exercise only." Hmm, I don't think I could go without read meat and I definieltly can't go withour daily exercise, I am going to borrow MIL's book and have a read and will see what else it says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Theboysandme, your exercise sounds good. If you don't want to join the gym for resistance, you could do yoga. A couple of people I know swear by it.

Diamondeyes, sorry you're struggling. Is child-related stress contributing as well? You've come so far with weight loss though.

Mothersinstinct, sorry you're struggling re pregnancy. You should definitely buy yourself a new bikini though to reward your hard work.

I have been really sore and lazy and had 2 days off exercise.

I would like to do pump this morning, but promised myself I would take my son to a playgroup to work on his social fears. Meanwhile, I feel shy and anxious about going. I will do pump and step tomorrow and attempt my 10k jog again on sun though.
    Last edited by MsMummy; 18-11-2011 at 16:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hi. I'm apologising in advance for no personals as a lot has happened in this thread since I last posted.

I did pump again this morning and 20 minutes of cardio prior to the class. Anyway, I was at the park this afternoon with my friend who just completed the fitness course. She again told me how useless pump is. I told that I don't want to look like a body builder, but she still said that it's not worth it Something to do with epoc, but anyway, then I told her I was doing pump again tomorrow, but she then said I can't do pump 2 days in a row because my muscles need to recover? A bit contradictory!

Anyway, I've had a terrible day today with eating. Too much chocolate.

I really enjoy pump now, and am still a bit miffed by my friend's comments, trying to convince myself that MsMummy is right and that it is just propaganda. I have a good system worked out with the weights and know my ability in each track and am confident with the weight that I choose. Anyway, I will continue to enjoy my pump classes

Hope you're all well, have a good weekend.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 18-11-2011 at 19:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies ... just a quickie from me

Well I have fallen off the wagon with the loudest thump these last couple of days - Time to pull my socks up!! Good luck for the weekend!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops I may have just consumed 3pieces of dark mint chocolate and 1 chocolate teddy bear
    I weighes myself today, 86 on the dot. Even after tonight I am hoping to redeem myself during cylce tomorrow morning and will make sure I do attack on Sunday too, really want to get under 86 before weigh in Monday. Will be back in the morning to catch up on some personals, but I hope we are all enjoying the start of the weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Theboys tomorrow l's a new day,,,says me eating pizza for dinner.

Brv, I forgot to tell you I went to a les mills pump forum last week. There was a thread discussing pump vs gym floor weights. Somebody who did both tried just pump and hey said it was definitely working. However the conclusion to be that you need to work the muscles to fatigue in every track. so if you're not struggling to finish the track, then just up the weights.

They did say that there can be some long term issues with frequent pump, as it's designed for group settings with little supervision, so you don't get a full range of movement in stuff like the chest track. Anyway, the forum is interesting as lots of instructors post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    Whoops I may have just consumed 3pieces of dark mint chocolate and 1 chocolate teddy bear
    I weighes myself today, 86 on the dot. Even after tonight I am hoping to redeem myself during cylce tomorrow morning and will make sure I do attack on Sunday too, really want to get under 86 before weigh in Monday. Will be back in the morning to catch up on some personals, but I hope we are all enjoying the start of the weekend
    You are doing so well. A little treat is ok. Good luck with cycle.

I have had 3 days off, so going to do pump and step tomorrow back to back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    it seems a few of us have fallen off the wagon. I've succumbed to carb cravings the last few days, very naughty. Hopefully weigh in on Monday will be kind to us lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hi. I had a good cardio session with my friend today. I did 5 minute warm up on cross trainer, 10 minute rowing, then back on the cross trainer doing 30 second intervals of as fast as we could then normal pace. We did that for 15 minutes, followed by 10 minutes on the stepper, taking really big steps. We then did walking lunges on the treadmill. We had it at 5 degree incline, at 2km/h for 10 minutes with a few short breaks in between. Then we did some jumping and skipping and ab circuit. I feel great now. Just need to keep motivated, I am getting married in just over 5 weeks