+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couch to 5k is a 9 week program, they have a tread mill version and a 'road' version. There's also a bunch of podcasts for the program.
    I'm doing the treadmill version, I find it easier to track my speed and distance.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    hey gals

well, i have done some research today, done some calculations, and it appears the reason why my weight has been so hard to budge (especially compared to others who have had this op) is...my calorie deficit is huge. so my body is just clinging to everything it can to survive essentially.

most people require at most a daily deficit of 500calories to lose around a kilo a week.... i have...wait for it... 1800 deficit. ....turns out all that exercise has been working against me! and...the fact i cant fit a lot of food in, this poor ol` body is freaking out and holding onto everything i consume.

so.. ive gotta cut down on the gym. im gonna do aqua aerobics on monday, zumba on thursday and gym on saturday... yep a measly p155weak 3 days a week of exercise...i feel so sad about it... and i hafto include a morning tea meal and afternoon tea meal to my eating... *sigh*

gonna trial this for the next 2 weeks and see what happens. not the most ideal time to be trialling this as i really wanted to get to 85 by xmas, BUT...it seems like things arent going that crash hot how they are anyways...

i feel depressed :'(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Don't worry Misch you'll get it sorted I would be trying a high protein, low fat diet with lots of veg/salad so the protein fills you up and you are still getting cals. I had a small piece of fish and a huge bowl of salad with shaved roast beef and I'm full.

Weighed in today at 66.2 Not bad considering I haven't exercised for over a week and had stuff going on so wasn't concentrating on weight loss. Did a 500 cal workout tonight, rather happy with myself

SW - 68
    CW - 66.2

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thats what i do del, its all protein based, but i can only eat half a cup at a time. Its all that fits in, not really a matter of needing to feel full, i never ever feel hungry! So i dont over eat at all i physically cant... I hafto eat protein first and in every meal. Then salad. Its really difficult to get the calories in!

Congrats on your loss! Wooohhoooo!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I Jealous you don't get hungry lol I found that's my biggest barrier, when I diet and exercise hard and my body is in deficit and get all sick and hungry in my stomach and end up binging on crap. Usually carbs bc that's what my body is lacking.

You may be hitting a bit of a plateau too. Last time I was in one of these groups I lost about 4-5 kilos then went thru about 2-3 weeks where I lost nothing. Keep up the great work, you've lost a lot of weight and it shows

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (14-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    I just got home from gym, I usually do combat and pump, but I skipped pump today. We went to the beach both Saturday and Sunday, it was great, went for a swim and I actually felt a little more confident in my bikini, I usually feel so self concious, but I can really see results, and the bikini cups actually fit nicely over my boobies, I used to have to squeeze everything in which I admit didn't look that nice but now they are a perfect fit.

Anyway, weighed in at 87.2 I'm happy about that, considering all the junk I ate over the weekend. I didn't get down to 86 like I hoped but atleast I only need a small loss to get under 87 now, and hopefully I can skip 86 and go straight to 85 next weighin!

As a result of going to the beach all weekend, my house has been neglected, so I will be doing house work today, joy Tomorrow I have spin in the morning!
    Wahoo! Awesome effort - and a bikini Good work! You are sooo close to breaking 87.. I love the small point numbers on the end!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post

I weighed in at 86.5 this morning, so half a kilo down on last week which is good, given my overeating. If it wasn't for the exercise, I would be putting on a kilo a week. This is how I got so fat previously. I'm frustrated as I did get down to 84.5 in mid September after a couple of weeks of good eating, but haven't found that motivation again.

My knees are quite sore from my jog last night. I can't remember if I wrote this above, but I tried to do some chin ups at the park as well. OMG - my arms are so sore. I pulled myself up a few centremetres but couldn't even do one. Meanwhile, my partner, who never exercises, easily does one. I guess being lighter helps.

Psyching myself for attack and pump tonight. Should be interesting given my hands and arms are aching from my stupid bloody chin up efforts.
    You know a loss is awesome! Better than a gain I totally hear you with the chin ups!! I manage to get up for one but couldn't get my shaky arms back up for another!!

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    hey gals

well, i have done some research today, done some calculations, and it appears the reason why my weight has been so hard to budge (especially compared to others who have had this op) is...my calorie deficit is huge. so my body is just clinging to everything it can to survive essentially.

most people require at most a daily deficit of 500calories to lose around a kilo a week.... i have...wait for it... 1800 deficit. ....turns out all that exercise has been working against me! and...the fact i cant fit a lot of food in, this poor ol` body is freaking out and holding onto everything i consume.

so.. ive gotta cut down on the gym. im gonna do aqua aerobics on monday, zumba on thursday and gym on saturday... yep a measly p155weak 3 days a week of exercise...i feel so sad about it... and i hafto include a morning tea meal and afternoon tea meal to my eating... *sigh*

gonna trial this for the next 2 weeks and see what happens. not the most ideal time to be trialling this as i really wanted to get to 85 by xmas, BUT...it seems like things arent going that crash hot how they are anyways...

i feel depressed :'(
    Oh that sucks. Hopefully by adjusting you gym time it helps. It's a shame though cos I feel like exercising makes you feel so great hey!

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Weighed in today at 66.2 Not bad considering I haven't exercised for over a week and had stuff going on so wasn't concentrating on weight loss. Did a 500 cal workout tonight, rather happy with myself

SW - 68
    CW - 66.2
    Nice work!!! Big high fives

Well I am ramping it up as of today.. well being completely mindful more like it. I have been exercising heaps and eating well - but my downfall is wine. I could easily have 4 bottles of red a week .

So I'm putting a stop to the booze and concentrating on losing the last bit of flubber!

I was 65.3kg last week and today I was 66.1kg - so I have actually gained 800g! Oh well... I know what I am doing wrong so I'll just have to fix it. Good luck all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    69.2kg here, 800g down from last week and just under where I started lol. Really looking to break into the 68's!!! Don't think I will get anywhere near my dreamed of 65 though...

Seems like a bit of a better week all round

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gah, my computer is broken, so too hard to individually respond. Will have to do it at work on thurs. Congrats on everyone's losses, and hard work.

I did pump and express attack last night. Gee, how hard are athletic lunges? I just can't do the jumping lunges.

I am going to cardio blitz this morning, although my son is in a horrible mood. Have his swimming lesson after that, then speech therapy this afternoon, and trying to clean filthy house, so busy day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Diamondeyes, I was thinking of your exercise issue last night.

Can you just do pilates or weights on the other days? Things like abs, tris, bis don't burn many calories but you're still toning. (Although planks and hovers burn a bit more)

I burn about 250 cals in a pilates mat work class versus at least 650 in a step class.

Your trainer could put together a low calorie workout for you.

Eta...I have one of those heart rate monitors so am a bit obsessed with what each exercise burns calorie wise.
    Last edited by MsMummy; 15-11-2011 at 07:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DiamondEyes - Oh that sucks, But i'm glad you were able to find out the problem and hopefully a soloution, you did mention a while ago that you were losing more weight when you cut back from gym, so hopefully the little extra cut will work in your favour. I totally understand yout frustration though

MsMummy - The jumping lunges are HARD! I can do the slow ones, but as soon as they speed up to single jump lunges I cant do them. Well done on you workout.

Danni - Well done on your loss! Never say never, I am sure you can get to your goal weight!

Theboys&me - Drinking used to be a downfall for me also. I have completely cut it until Christmas, I have occansionally had a low carb beer, but I have really noticed a difference since cutting it.

Off to spin shortly, the boys have daycare today, I have been up since 5:30 and most of my house work is done, just a load of washing and the dishes to do. My mum won 2 lunch vouches a a nearby pub last week so we are going to use them today, so I will have a shake for dinner tonight, I'm only cooking sausages and veg, not that tempting anyway