+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Its odd because i feel like the same person most of time, but i notice people smile at me now, the check out chicks try and make small talk with me, and they never did before... Like all of a sudden im a person now and not some outcast monster..

It does make my head spin tho... every so often i catch a glimpse of a part of my body (walking past a window or mirror) and i see myself and im generally shocked, like 'what? Thats me? Oh..im not as bad as i thought... But then the next time i look at myself i still see 130kg me... And i feel upset. *shrug*

My dh is the same as yours altho he is only 6ft...but he often feels like he gets treated lesser because he is so skinny, he often says that he would gain more respect if he was bulkier. Because people always just assume they can treat him how they like because he is 'lightweight' *sigh* i think its rare these days for people to be comfortable in their own skin..i find it sad. Theres so much more to life. I used to think that losing weight would make my life perfect (unrealistic fantasy much) but im almost 40kgs down and i still have a million and one problems and being thinner isny going to fix any of them. lol. I suppose at least ill be able to cross one thing off my list of things that make me unhappy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Diamondeyes, I imagine it will take some time before you get over those feelings about how people treated you when you were heavier. It's pretty awful. And then I think it becomes cyclical as you anticipate people will think badly of you, then that erodes your confidence and ability to talk to people, make eye contact, engage as well, which means that people will be less friendly and so on.

The heaviest I've been is 105kg (I'm 169cm, so medium height) and I don't remember feeling too bad at the time, but I look back at photos and cringe. Then I got up to a bit over 100 when my son was about 18 months, I think.

Anyway, I just looked the distance home on whereis. Apparently it's only 10.7km, and it estimate it would take 2 hours walking (I guess 1 hour per 5km). I'm trying to psych myself up to do the whole lot. It looks hot outside... The walking route is the same as the bus route though so I'm probably never more than 1km from just chucking it in and catching a bus. I ate 250gm of chocolate today (), so I should do it to work it off. I brought my heart rate monitor/calorie counter with me, so that should be extra motivation. I haven't done much at work today. Don't know what's wrong with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I've been seriously neglecting this thread! Dh and I had food poisoning on Friday night.... We ate some bad chicken and I will NEVER eat it again!! Worst night of my life. I lost 3kgs in fluid alone I've been drinking so much to get my fluid intake back so hopefully tomorrow I will have my 'true weight' ...
    Great to see everyone having some great results!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yay, I did it. Jogged home. Almost 10k in 1.5 hours, which included some hills and lots of traffic lights. Burnt 1000 cals. Well, I jogged to the park near home and my my partner and son, ran around and walked the extra bit home, so 1300 cals...

..which I ate in frikking chocolate today.

But tomorrow is a new week. 6 weeks til xmas so I could still lose 6k, just by cutting out junk as I already exercise heaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just a quickie, will do a proper post tomorrow... i over over indulged this weekend, lots of crappy foods KFC today and Fish & Chips yesterday, I don't know why I do it to my self, I think it is because it is convienent, but honestly, I feel crap for days after eating it and it doesn't even taste that good! We went to the beach today and yesterday, we had them for lunch because I was to lazy to pack lunches, but will be next time. Also I'm hoping I am not UTD, I may just be overanalyzing, but I have really really sore breasts and nipples and slight bouts of nausea, we have been very careful (Not ready to try again yet) but I wouldn't be surprised because DP has said twice maybe i should get the afterpill, but i didn't bother. Anyway that's me, hopefully after the crappy weekend the scales will still be kind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Diamond eyes- calorie king is awesome, so great for keeping track of what is going into your mouth. I know what you mean about the gym, when I used to go I'd always wonder if you had to be hot to go to the gym. Lol

Msmummy- my partner is also a tall skinny guy, 193cm and only 70kg, no matter how much or how little he eats, his weight never changes. I always put slabs of butter on his sandwiches in an effort to fatten him up.

Yesterday I finished week 4 of the couch to 5k, I can definitely feel my fitness improving. I know I said I'd wait until Christmas to weight I but I couldn't help myself and jumped on this morning... 79.4kg!!! yay, that's a loss of 2kg in four weeks!!!
    I was 65kg pre-pregnancy and never thought I'd be so happy to be 79kg, lol.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wannab - eeeek food poisoning oh u poor things, its hell!! My sympathies. Perhaps the silver lining, is a big loss this week? Hope you're better now xox

Msmummy- u did it!! Woohooo thats an awesome achievement! Its not easy jogging so ur fitness level must be pretty damn high to go for that long! Must have felt unreal!!

Mothersinstinct :O preggers? Will u test!!! Wowwww!!! Dont beat yourself up about indulging a bit this weekend, it wont kill ya, just be super mega strict this week and the scales shouldnt punish you.

Nudge! Awesome work on the c25k! You're doing awesomely!! 2 kilo loss is awesome you should be so proud of yourself ^_^ in the 70's now!!! Wow i simply cant wait to join u there!!!

Weigh in days laydeeez! Im eager to hear everyones results, im still down to 91 (i have old scales so i dont know the grams only the kilos)

Goodluck guys ^_^
    Last edited by Zombie_eyes; 14-11-2011 at 08:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now that I have a spare minute, some personals...

MsMummy - We are talking again, took almost a day to get over it though! We didn't end up going on our date, he "had" to help his brother move, and didn't get home until after 11pm, I was not impressed! You must live near me, we were at the Gold Coast all weekend, it's like that pretty much every weekend for us during summer. Sounds ike you did great with exercis last week, how did you weighin?

DiamondEyes -Well sone last week, so close to getting into the 80's! Positive vibes for a positive week, I hope you can get that 1kilo+ loss this week.

WannaBmumma - That really sucks about the food poisoning, I hope it has settled now and your feeling more yourself. Goodluck weighing in today.

nudgee88 - Well done on the loss How long does the couch to 5k program go for? Think I might give it a try myself. I totally feel you, I was 67kilos pre-pregnancies, And now I am just so happy to be rid of the 90's and working my way down to the 70's.

I just got home from gym, I usually do combat and pump, but I skipped pump today. We went to the beach both Saturday and Sunday, it was great, went for a swim and I actually felt a little more confident in my bikini, I usually feel so self concious, but I can really see results, and the bikini cups actually fit nicely over my boobies, I used to have to squeeze everything in which I admit didn't look that nice but now they are a perfect fit.

Anyway, weighed in at 87.2 I'm happy about that, considering all the junk I ate over the weekend. I didn't get down to 86 like I hoped but atleast I only need a small loss to get under 87 now, and hopefully I can skip 86 and go straight to 85 next weighin!

As a result of going to the beach all weekend, my house has been neglected, so I will be doing house work today, joy Tomorrow I have spin in the morning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    Well I've been seriously neglecting this thread! Dh and I had food poisoning on Friday night.... We ate some bad chicken and I will NEVER eat it again!! Worst night of my life. I lost 3kgs in fluid alone I've been drinking so much to get my fluid intake back so hopefully tomorrow I will have my 'true weight' ...
    Great to see everyone having some great results!!
    Hope you feel better! Although I always say there is nothing like gastro to kick start a diet. Surely I'm due for a bout...

Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    Just a quickie, will do a proper post tomorrow... i over over indulged this weekend, lots of crappy foods KFC today and Fish & Chips yesterday, I don't know why I do it to my self, I think it is because it is convienent, but honestly, I feel crap for days after eating it and it doesn't even taste that good! We went to the beach today and yesterday, we had them for lunch because I was to lazy to pack lunches, but will be next time. Also I'm hoping I am not UTD, I may just be overanalyzing, but I have really really sore breasts and nipples and slight bouts of nausea, we have been very careful (Not ready to try again yet) but I wouldn't be surprised because DP has said twice maybe i should get the afterpill, but i didn't bother. Anyway that's me, hopefully after the crappy weekend the scales will still be kind.
    Any more symptoms today?

Quote Originally Posted by nudge88 View Post
    Diamond eyes- calorie king is awesome, so great for keeping track of what is going into your mouth. I know what you mean about the gym, when I used to go I'd always wonder if you had to be hot to go to the gym. Lol

Msmummy- my partner is also a tall skinny guy, 193cm and only 70kg, no matter how much or how little he eats, his weight never changes. I always put slabs of butter on his sandwiches in an effort to fatten him up.

Yesterday I finished week 4 of the couch to 5k, I can definitely feel my fitness improving. I know I said I'd wait until Christmas to weight I but I couldn't help myself and jumped on this morning... 79.4kg!!! yay, that's a loss of 2kg in four weeks!!!
    I was 65kg pre-pregnancy and never thought I'd be so happy to be 79kg, lol.
    That's awesome re weight and running. is c25k 12 weeks?

My partner is 6 foot 3, so probably not quite as tall as your partner, but weights around 60kg. It's disheartening sometimes to think I will never be lighter than him (unless he suddenly puts on weight, but he's 30, and still nothing).

Diamondeyes, Hopefully you see an 80 something next week!

Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post

MsMummy - We are talking again, took almost a day to get over it though! We didn't end up going on our date, he "had" to help his brother move, and didn't get home until after 11pm, I was not impressed! You must live near me, we were at the Gold Coast all weekend, it's like that pretty much every weekend for us during summer. Sounds ike you did great with exercis last week, how did you weighin?

I just got home from gym, I usually do combat and pump, but I skipped pump today. We went to the beach both Saturday and Sunday, it was great, went for a swim and I actually felt a little more confident in my bikini, I usually feel so self concious, but I can really see results, and the bikini cups actually fit nicely over my boobies, I used to have to squeeze everything in which I admit didn't look that nice but now they are a perfect fit.

Anyway, weighed in at 87.2 I'm happy about that, considering all the junk I ate over the weekend. I didn't get down to 86 like I hoped but atleast I only need a small loss to get under 87 now, and hopefully I can skip 86 and go straight to 85 next weighin!

As a result of going to the beach all weekend, my house has been neglected, so I will be doing house work today, joy Tomorrow I have spin in the morning!
    Congratulations on your loss and feeling better at the beach!

I live near Indooroopilly so it's an hour to the south coast. From another thread, I think we go to the same gym chain.

I weighed in at 86.5 this morning, so half a kilo down on last week which is good, given my overeating. If it wasn't for the exercise, I would be putting on a kilo a week. This is how I got so fat previously. I'm frustrated as I did get down to 84.5 in mid September after a couple of weeks of good eating, but haven't found that motivation again.

My knees are quite sore from my jog last night. I can't remember if I wrote this above, but I tried to do some chin ups at the park as well. OMG - my arms are so sore. I pulled myself up a few centremetres but couldn't even do one. Meanwhile, my partner, who never exercises, easily does one. I guess being lighter helps.

Psyching myself for attack and pump tonight. Should be interesting given my hands and arms are aching from my stupid bloody chin up efforts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My breasts especially nipples are really really sore and sensitive. Is that associated to ovulation? I hope I'm not pregnant.. I am not ready, I want to lose some weight first and it would REALLY suck falling pregnant a month before Christmas and New Years, especially since the boys father is having them for a week over that period, the first time in 4 years I am going to have a child/pregnancy free new years!!

Have fun at gym tonight! I can never motivate myself to go during the night, Far to relaxed lol. And well done on your loss! Seems like most of us have had losses this week.

Goodluck to those still weighing in